Concerned about your browsing privacy???

lew

Great article about securing your Internet browsing. The only caveat  is that you need to use Opera. Opera’s parent company is European, it was recently purchased by a consortium of Chinese tech companies.

https://medium.freecodecamp.com/how-to-set-up-a-vpn-in-5-minutes-for-free-and-why-you-urgently-need-one-d5cdba361907

Of course this can be done in any browser, Opera just makes it a bit easier.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to try out various browsers to see if anything better is out there. The Tor Browser (Onion) is fine, especially if you're looking for something that you can't find thru "normal" channels. I occasionally use Vivaldi to test sites for display abnormalities. Some of the others list I haven't tried.

For now, my browser of choice is still Chrome. I like the wide  range of extensions/addons. My biggest complaint is that it does use a lot of memory when there are many tabs opened. I quit Firefox because of the memory usage and memory leaks. Hope chrome can find a way to reduce the memory usage.

For Chrome, I run Script Blocker, AdBlock,  HTTPS Everywhere. I wish there was a built in VPN function like Opera has but there are addons for Chrome that will do it. I'm just not that worried about what my ISP and browsers store about me. I'm pretty boring, actually.

Software engineers and computer programmers take glee in putting back doors in their programs so that they can get into them any time they want.

Kind of like a woodworker putting secret compartments in a desk, trunk, box  or other piece of furniture

Herb

8 hours ago, Dadio said:

Software engineers and computer programmers take glee in putting back doors in their programs so that they can get into them any time they want.

Kind of like a woodworker putting secret compartments in a desk, trunk, box  or other piece of furniture

Herb

And, they don't knock, either.

• 5 months later...

Archived