Rate this topic

the cherry one took about 8 hours of time over the course of several days.  that's as fast as i go.

so if i wanted to make fast food wages of $15/hr, that would be 8x15=120. add in allowance for lumber, hardware, consumables, tool and shop wear and tear, and you are looking at about $150 or more.

how many people you know would pay that for a little box?  i don't know many.  so if i give you a present, say thank you.  and have some understanding that this is from my heart.  i don't have to give you anything.  i could just buy a cheap little box at Michaels, spray paint it, and call it good.

as i've said before, people like the idea of handmade items, but they don't like the idea of paying for handmade items.

4 hours ago, DAB said:

people like the idea of handmade items, but they don't like the idea of paying for handmade items.

Band saw boxes are my joy. As you said, people  like the idea of the hand made items, but few are willing to pay for the materials and labor that go into them. There are some exceptions  who really appreciate handcrafted work and will pay the price.

Great job on both boxes.

Edited by It Was Al B