Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, Feb 3 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

That's really red, John. As always, nice work. 

Glad you're getting around in the shop. Bet that new space has been calling your name the whole time you were laid up.

I'm finishing this weekend. Get this last chest done and shipped and outta my hair by Wednesday, hopefully. Then, break out the mesquite and have some fun.

Things seem to be falling in place without a lot of trouble. As you know, I got married at the end of December and the wife and I still live in our own places, about 180 miles apart. I was going up to her place this weekend then she would be coming down next Sunday and staying for about 3 weeks while I had my surgery and will be laid up afterwards. She put her app in for a job with one of the local cities here on Tuesday and they called her yesterday for an interview - next Friday. So, she needs to get her place in order to be able to leave it for a few weeks (this weekend) and then come down to me next Thursday night and go to her interview on Friday. I am keeping my fingers, toes and anything else crossed for this position for her.

So, I am staying here and I am heading to the SHOP! The weather is warming up so it will not be so freaking cold out there and I will, if all goes well, be able to finish a couple of 1/2 started projects. That is what is on my agenda...

18 minutes ago, lew said:

Trying to get my clamps consolidated in one general location. 

Good luck with that! :D

47 minutes ago, lew said:

Yes, Good Luck!

1 hour ago, lew said:

did have to do this 3x's...

CLAMP RACK 1.jpg

2 hours ago, John Moody said:

Friday, Feb 3 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

work/project avoidance....

7 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

CLAMP RACK 1.jpg

Now I love that! Wish I could get mine in that space. I'm going to have to work on it.

Got out to the shop today . The cold weather had kept me away, but when I walked in, the place looked like a warehouse, full of empty boxes. Seems it was a convenient place to toss those boxes from Amazon, Walmart, and everywhere else.  Spent some time cutting 'em up and putting them in the woodburning stove to warn up the shop a bit. Dampness, obviously from the cold has developed a bit of rust on the table saw and other tool surfaces in the shop. It looks like I'll have to get the shop warmed up enough to remove the rust and get another good coat of wax on these surfaces.

Edited by It Was Al B

13 minutes ago, John Moody said:

Now I love that! Wish I could get mine in that space. I'm going to have to work on it.

another...

2HD DOOR.jpg

14 minutes ago, John Moody said:

what's behind the sliding door matters too..

there's 11 doors all done the in the same theme...

2ND DOOR OPEN.jpg

30 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

CLAMP RACK 1.jpg

I recently bought a cross vice for my drill press. That's what started the clamp consolidation. The shop is so small that anything that comes in requires either something to leave or a redesign. Most of my C and F clamps were stored rod under the drill press. Needed that space for the cross vice. Finally found a little wall space by moving some old jigs to another spot and making some clamp racks. Still need one more and I'll have everything together- except for the spring clamps. Film at 11.

12 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

what's behind the sliding door matters too..

there's 11 doors all done the in the same theme...

2ND DOOR OPEN.jpg

Wow! 

1 hour ago, John Moody said:

Wow! 

I'll second that! :o

John

Finished up a turning tool portable rack for my turning club. Started on Christmas ornaments and blew out the first one , a nice spalted piece

John Glad you are doing better . Good thing you have a supervisor to keep you under control.

Stick surely you have more clamps than I see in that picture. I know all of mine would not fit in that space. By the way it is a nice and functional storage.

Inside out turned another vase.  Posted pictures of it in the turning board here.

Played around with photography some.  Took some of the pictures in a small portable photo booth I came across and learned how to crop a picture.  Was inspired to try harder at taking pictures by Geralds Blog.

It is a learning process but doable.

001.JPG