Have a very small shop ? Looking for a small table saw ?

Hey CharlieL, yes that is a real nice 9 inch. I also one. I think it may be older than yours, but it is still a decent machine.  I have not use it in years and was hoping my son would get interested, but no he has not taken up the touch.  The only difference is I ended up installing a Vega fence.  The stock fence just did not do it for me.  My Unisaw has the Unifence and I just got spoiled I guess.  I originally set it up for my Dado blade, but ultimately ran out of room in my small shop.  Another problem is that 9 inch blades are getting harder to find locally.  I have been known to use 8 inch blades at times.  When you come down to it 9 inch and smaller are a bit more stable that the 20 or 12 inch blades.  

I do have a question what size motor was considered standard for the 9 inch?  One hp or 1.5, I tried a 1 hp and found that it would stall on some hard woods.  Right now I have a 2 hp and I think this is over kill.  I also have a 1.5 and think I may make the switch.  Any thoughts?

I realize the that the $20 offer was just in jest, but I think I would have answered with the, picture alone was $20 worth:)

Paul

All the 9" Rockwell / Delta table saws that I've acquired had 1 hp motors. If your having problems with your saw stalling, you may want to make sure that it's plugged into an adequate circuit, and a appropriate size extension cord if your using one.  

Edited by CharlieL

Hey thanks, The lack of power has nothing to do with the wiring.  It may be me just expecting too much. I am somewhat versed in wiring.  My wood shop has a 100 amp service with both 120 and 240 volts.  None of the 120 volt circuits are less then number 12 wire with 20 amps.  Some of my tools have dedicated circuits. and I have one circuit for each wall (north, south, east and west) .  I think it may be because I am used to the 3 hp on my Unisaw.  I think I would be better off it I use the 1.5 hp on the 9 inch just for the added power.  Like I said I am not even using it at this time. I just have a thing for doing things right (or as best as I can);)  Thanks for the advice anyway.

Paul

11 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Small 1 hp, two stage dust collector for the small shop. 

Hey Charlie would you might sharing more detail on this? I really like the compact & portable design and very interested in "cloning" one. What kind of "can" did you use? It appears to be seamless? Also I assume you made the inlet box since you're pretty adept at sheet metal work? How difficult is it to release the lid/canister from the motor housing? If you have more pics too that would be great. Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, CharlieL said:

I'm busy with other projects..

Reviewed the Edit history Charlie. Apparently I've offended you in some manner. I thought you had a good design (still do) that might benefit others besides myself here. That's usually what we do here. I certainly wasn't looking to market it or pirate credit in any fashion. My apologies for troubling you. I won't ask again.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:42 PM, Grandpadave52 said:

It might benefit others besides myself here. I certainly wasn't looking to market it or pirate credit in any fashion. 

Ofcourse none of the others would ever try to pirate it either, right ? WRONG, I've had it happen before. Contractor's table saw dust collection hood . 

Edited by CharlieL

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, CharlieL said:

Small 1 hp, two stage dust collector for the small shop. 

IMG_0770.jpg

I've decided to sell this unit. Yesterday I bought a used 1 1/2 hp Penn State Industries unit, and will incorporate a separator into it also.

Edited by CharlieL

• 2 weeks later...

The Penn State Industries DC is a model DC3XL, which is a blower on wheels. Yesterday I picked up a used machinery stand. The plan is to place the blower on top of the stand with the inlet pointed down to a separator that is under the stand.

Edited by CharlieL

I should have it all put together today, but I will need to take it apart and paint the machinery stand, and buy a dust bag. When I bought the stand it was missing the bottom 3 stretchers between the legs. The new ones are not painted and I want it all to match in color. Call me stupid, but I put a lot of thought and more time then you can imagine into this project, but so far I'm pretty happy with how it all has turned out.

Edited by CharlieL