Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, Jan 27, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

Here we are in the dead of winter and it is cold outside. They just got my gas line run back to the shop the day before my knee surgery and so I am using electric oil heaters in the shop and they just don't do what the gas heat did. I've got to get on that and get some real heat back in the shop before it is AC time!

But at this time all I am really doing is some tool maintenance and straighten the place up a bit. Why is it that every flat surface will become completely covered with stuff and you can't see the surface? Well I have found the surface on part of my back bench, but not all of it yet.

Saturday my wife and I are heading to Huntsville, AL to a gun show. As with tools, nothing I "need" but who know what might call my name while I am there. I will do my best to be ready and listening as hard as possible in case something were to call out my name.

Sunday will be a little more tool tune up and getting ready to actually see if I am ready next week to turn them on and make a little saw dust. Nothing big and no long days, but I'm ready to see if I can do a little woodworking.

What is on your agenda this weekend? All of us here at TPW love to hear what you are doing and your plans. You never know who you might motivate into a project. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and whatever is on your agenda, please be safe!

I've been out of my shop for a few days and am starting to get back in the swing of thing. I am thinking of designing/ building a simple work station that implements the small tools I use to do my lathe projects. I've surfed the web and picked up a few ideas, but I'd rather do it myself. One idea I have to to convert a computer workstation. I'd have to find one made of wood. It does happen. I've seen very nice Oak work stations on the walk with  "free" on it. Of course I didn't want one then

Spent the day with the Furniture Bank in Cincinnati making a field trip to Columbus' Furniture Bank.  It was quite an impressive operation up there.

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Other more important challenges on agenda...

here's pulling for you and yours Dave...

1 minute ago, Stick486 said:

here's pulling for you and yours Dave...

Thanks Stick...she had been doing really well considering until all this came up.

I am thinking great thoughts for you and your family dave

Hope everyone pulls through just fine.

Well, brought home three pine boards, and a plywood 4' x4' panel....Home Despot thinks these are gold plated....well, not only are they in the shop..

Snuck back down to the shop,:ph34r:  crosscut one 1 x 8 into the parts for the bottom drawer......and went back upstairs...:rolleyes:

Did it again, as I wanted to try out a "better" dovetail saw..;)....had to layout the dovetails first.....then the saw ( not too bad) and then a few chisels wanted in on the act....next thing I know, I had one corner all dovetailed up , and fitted.  :o  Decided that was enough Tom-foolery....until the morning....:rolleyes:

I got to learn when to say "When!"   someday.:rolleyes:

Wow Dave, you've had a rough month!!

Steve

Dave, here's hoping everything turns out for the best for you and the family.

Got me some finishing to do today. Tomorrow, we're taking a friend to an Italian restaurant for his 90th birthday. 

Prayers for you and the family Dave. I know it can be tough and hard. My mom is in assisted living and I understand one step forward and two steps back.  

Dave, best to you and the family.....

14 hours ago, kmealy said:

Spent the day with the Furniture Bank in Cincinnati making a field trip to Columbus' Furniture Bank.  It was quite an impressive operation up there.

Keith, I was watching an episode of "American Woodshop" and he did a tour of the Columbus Furniture Bank. It really was interesting to watch (something that's not normal for me when watching Scott Phillips) and they were really cranking out the stuff. I didn't realize there was one in Cincinnati as well. You volunteer there?

Man Dave, you've had a worse week than I have.  I'm adjusting to a new diet (doctor's orders) and have just finished the ukelele cart.  It is my daughters and was hers to paint but I ended up painting it.