Friday, Jan 6, 2017, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

Congratulations on the new grand daughter!

Really cold here, not sure if I will get into the shop this weekend. I want to since I have not been really out there doing anything for the past 2 months (Christmas, Weekend Traveling and Elk Season)

I am also trying to the new insurance, ankle surgeon and PCP all lined up right so I can get my surgery scheduled. I still want to try to do it the end of this month.

Beautiful granddaughter!    Glad your knee is coming along well, too.

I snuck out early this morning, before the "live in nurse" got up and shoveled a couple of driveways- could have actually just used a broom. We had almost an inch of light fluffy stuff.

I'll be working on a communion table redesign (Sketchup) and sending it off for approval.

Our agenda, well today we are heading up to our local mountains to catch some of that white stuff John is showing in his topic. I am coming off my two week Christmas vacation from work, and we closing out the long run of time off with a fun day in the snow. We had rain here locally pretty much most of the week, so that typically translates to some good snow up in the mountains.

Tomorrow it's back on the lathe to see if I can make some more kindling. Should have another Shaker stool assembled by close of day. I feel I have had enough practice with the stools, I am ready to graduate up to a shaker rocker now. Can't wait!

Have a great weekend all, and please be safe in all you do.

Monday, it's back to reality for me!

Congratulations to Grandma & Grandpa Moody...Looks like Mary Morgan is ready to be spoiled...well as soon as she wakes up:P

Remains nasty cold here...although sunny today barely broke double digits...tonight headed to "0" actual + the 1+" of snow on the ground

My only "shop time" appears to be trying to change the starter on my truck this weekend...

Take care of yourself and be very careful on that knee with snow/ice...Enjoy your new grand-daughter...she'll be helping you in the shop in no time...

Congrats John!!!

I have been been down with a virus all week that kept out of work and the shop all week. Feeling better now so starting a dresser build for my son in the morning. Have all the pieces rough cut so I will spend quite awhile jointing and planing in the morning.

Also just got a new toy in I have to figure out. My dad asked me to make him a custom sized replica of an antique shaker style blanket chest they have for a specific use and he specifically mentioned dovetails and I came out of the deal with a 30" peachtree dovetail wiz kit. This will be they toughest build I have ever attempted but I can't wait to get started on it!

10 hours ago, Rlbailey3 said:

Congrats John!!!

I have been been down with a virus all week that kept out of work and the shop all week. Feeling better now so starting a dresser build for my son in the morning. Have all the pieces rough cut so I will spend quite awhile jointing and planing in the morning.

Also just got a new toy in I have to figure out. My dad asked me to make him a custom sized replica of an antique shaker style blanket chest they have for a specific use and he specifically mentioned dovetails and I came out of the deal with a 30" peachtree dovetail wiz kit. This will be they toughest build I have ever attempted but I can't wait to get started on it!

Sounds like a great project Trey. If I can help or you need anything come by the shop.  I got a chance to speak to your dad before they took me back for surgery. He was telling me about your upcoming projects.  

Look ok forward to seeing it come along.