Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

It Had to Happen

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Gerald said:

John we call that a free correction. Free because no injury. Correction because now you can learn not to do it that way again.

I'll have to remember that Gerald, got a nice ring to it, free correction. I know what I did, I got too far out on the end of the tool rest and it started bouncing slightly, causing my tool to be not so stable in the cut. I keep meaning to build a tool rest that will span the length of these spindles I am working on, it should be more stable.

Oh yes. Aggravation. Today I had a piece nearly ready for sanding. I was distracted and my gouge dug in. Didn't ruin it, but to do all of what it takes to get a piece where you wanted it and decide to just a touch more. I did the one thing I've found that helps...................walk away and clear my mind. At my age my mind needs cleared.............................where was I going with this?;)

10 hours ago, Ron Altier said:

I did the one thing I've found that helps...................walk away and clear my mind. At my age my mind needs cleared.............................where was I going with this?;)

I find myself doing this also. I think the majority of the people on this site have articulating minds, the wheels are always turning. When we get close to finishing a step in a project we are already thinking of the next move.