Kreg is a top shelf company and seems to be doing everything right.  Their R&D department is very ingenious and new products just keep coming out.  Sounds like customer service is doing a stellar job as well.  If they are a publically traded company, stock ownership might be a good thing to look into.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Welcome to The Patriot Woodoworker @Waxy.  Great place to hang your apron and swap ideas. Good to have you join us. Stop by the Introduce Yourself forum and tell us a little about yourself and your interests.

BTW, New guy brings donuts. Make mine chocolate covered yeast.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Woodworker also said:

What did you do to fix the problem---I am interested.

I too welcome you to The Patriot Woodworker. Sorry for your problem, but glad it brought you here. Hope you'll hang around and jump in the mix.

Like Fred noted, Keith discovered the broken wire but also followed up with Kreg for parts which ultimately led to Kreg providing an entire new machine. Reading subsequent posts showed others had similar experiences with Kreg. Assuming you haven't contacted Kreg, it appears it might be worth you'll while to do so. Perhaps not expecting a new machine but possibly troubleshooting tips as well as repair parts/ instructions to repair on your own.

Let us know how things work out. Might help others like it helped bring you here.