"You have Plan, Dahlink?"

Let's see....Doctor's Office is in Sidney, OH......There is a Menards just about 2 miles to the west, on St. Rt.47.......IF I do get their "OK!"   I might just drive out and do a bit of lumber picking....

Order of build, for now..

Mill parts for both sides. 

Mill and assemble 6 web frames

Assemble case, square it up, add a plywood back.

Set the case where it is supposed to go....

Lunch.

Sound like a "plan"?

Will build a top frame and add that to the top of the case.

Drawers will get made one at a time, installed and filled up, before the next drawer is started.  Too small a work area to have all 5 drawers' parts sitting on the bench. 

looks neater than some of my plans when i just free hand a sketch, no ruler, and have numbers all over the sheet working out dimensions.

you don't have to draw a scale plan for everything, but you sure do have to know how much lumber you will need for the project.  a 55" piece will not grow to 60" over night if you messed up your math.

Ok, to keep this going....Doctor visit went good.    need to wear a compression stocking on the leg, filling up with water.     No restrictions, and no need to schedule another visit...unless i have problems.

I was going to go out and buy a few boards today, after we got done with McD Brunch.....weather turned nasty, so we just went back home.   Will rest today with the leg up, and then tomorrow I hope to make some more room in the shop.....and start making sawdust, again....

"Of course I have plan, they don't always work..but I always have Plan"    Boris Badanov...

I put that Stanley 45 to work today....and a bandsaw, and a couple other planes...and a Mitre Box....whew.   Got worn out.   Re-saw to get a few blanks for the sides.   Trying for a 4/4 by 2" wide blank. Had to use a StanleyNo. 5-1/2  jumbo jack to surface the blanks S4S.   Once I had one blank ready, I gave the Sash cutter a tryout.....end view.JPG

This is the profile I was trying to get.   The rebates are to hold plywood panels on the inside of the case.  The little round overs go to the outside.  The 45 did not like the grain all that well.  Had to dig out a block plane and a shoulder plane to ease the round over a bit.  Sanded things smooth, as well.  backsaw to make one tenon.  Then figure out how long to make the rail,between the corner post.   Then cut to overall length, and then cut another tenon...Cut to length on the Stanley 358 mitre Box......backsaw and chisels to make the tenons..

first one.JPG

Something like this?  Went to Wall E World and bought a new camera....think I have about worn the old one out..   Got back home, finished the bandsaw work.   And started to cut them to size..

mitre box.JPG

Either this saw is HUGE, or the bench is too small?    Got four blanks cut to length...

four blanks.JPG

Still learning the settings on the new camera...this one even has a Macro Setting...oooh..aaah...So, now I need this huge saw OFF my bench, so I can plane the next four blanks S4S, and get the 45 after them.   Then I will have half of these rails.  Need 5 more, and four corner posts done.   Yep, going to take a little longer than a weekend, this time around.

52 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Still learning the settings on the new camera...this one even has a Macro Setting...oooh..aaah...So, now I need this huge saw OFF my bench, so I can plane the next four blanks S4S, and get the 45 after them.

New camera takes nice, clear, sharp pics...

You should build a tool storage chest with drawers in your spare time to keep toys in to free up bench space...:lol::P

I like the Stanley 358...got one pretty similar that belonged to my dad...I'll get some pictures if the temperatures ever get above freezing again...and yes that saw is huge;)