Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

Have a belt/disc combo center that has a broken drive belt.   14" long, toothed belt, to be exact.   Model No. 113.226423.     Did a short Google-Fu Search.......anywhere from $1 per inch to $44 for ONE belt.   Yikes! 

I only spent MAYBE $15 on the machine at a garage sale.   A belt that costs more than the machine?    heck, Sears Parts wanted $24 for one...IF they have one in stock.    Lately i don't trust Sears any further than I can throw the store.   Looking for  other options right now.....  Old belt blew apart at the seam.    I might go and check out sweeper belts today and see what they have.    

Let you know what I find out.    The machine comes in handy on curved items.....

Ok, inorder to get this dang thing up and running until a regular belt can be ordered,  I used a Vacumn Cleaner belt.....Eureka*U.  Came in a 2-pack for $5.   Hardest part was getting the belt stretched to go over the disc platten.   ( Set screw to remove the platten it stripped out) Once I got the smooth rubber belt started onto the drive wheels, belt went right on, and still tight enough to drive the sander.

Need to order a new guard piece for around the disc.   Not a biggie,.  Test run.......belts stayed put.    new rubber oneand the 4x36 sanding belt.    It also runs a LOT quieter than before.   At least I now have a spare it case the first breaks.   Thanks for the info on the new belts. 

BTW:  Belts came from Lowes.  Autozone could not find any in their stock.