Stupid human question, how thick are mirrors?

acr_scout

4 minutes ago, ACR_SCOUT said:

However, I will go to find mirror(s) to cut down and use. Can antique glass be cut or would I be violating some kind of antique etiquette?

I never had much luck, but a professional shop should have the equipment to do so...

Probably is some who would wig out, but consider it re-purposing...takes the drama out:P

5 minutes ago, ACR_SCOUT said:

Understood. I think I will have to bring along some kind of padding because the ole' F350 is not a smooth machine but it sounds cool.

Yeah my F150 CC, 4x doesn't ride the smoothest either, but dual chrome tipped exhausts with flow-through mufflers just has that sound...B) Harbor Freight has good prices on moving blankets...wrap it up with those.

This is definitely one of those times when you want to have all of your materials/hardware (the mirror) on hand before starting. That way you can build the frame to match the mirror rather than the other way around. You could have built the frame and found out the weight of the mirror would be too much, or you cut the rabbet to deep because you could not find a mirror thickness that would work for you, etc. etc.

• 2 years later...