Reorganize Problems

Ron Altier

Every time I report to my wife that I can't find something, she says the same thing:  look behind the milk.  I used to be able to turn to something else for a bit, then it would come to me where I'd left the whatever, but now it's more likely I completely forget what I was doing and start some other project. 

3 minutes ago, Gerald said:

This is two of the six units I got . Labels do not show well, but are in the left top corner each drawer. It helps some but only if what I am looking for was put back in the drawer.

Nice storage...I'd have to lay on the floor to read labels on bottom drawers to focus my bi-focals.:P The more I see your workbench, the greener I become with bench envy...Beautiful in it's natural habitat.

Thanks Dave. Getting to the point I am going to have to get rid of something just so I can use the bench. Not in this pic is the drum sander 16-32 jammed up to the end of bench and you can barely see 2 plastic totes full of small turning blanks and I will not even talk about the rest of the shop.

46 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

When I go looking for something I know I have somewhere I am sometimes amazed at the things I find that I forgot I had.

...and after I've found all the things I forgot I had, I've totally forgotten what I was looking for so just move on to something else or just call it a day.

I did do one thing right and it really helps. I got these organizers at harbor freight that you can see into. They come in different sized and you can take the whole case with you or open and take the small inner compartment container with you. Best part is being able to see everything inside. I know at a glance that what I am looking for isn't there. I have 4 large and 4 small ones

org.jpg

I thought I was the only one with this problem...

When I lose something and ask my wife where it is, she always seems to know...it took a while before I caught on - she's moving it when I'm not looking just so she can "find" it when I need it...it's a trick, I tell ya...

...and reorganizing takes so long the old place never becomes the new place and the temporary place is the only one that sticks in your mind when you go look for something after it's reorganized...(you know what I mean, right?)

Misery loves company...