Porter Cable restorer

Rate this topic

So I just made one of my many trips to Loews to get a roll of 14-2 wire, and saw this thing sitting in the middle of the isle. I didn't stop to look closely and as I walked pass I just though it was a small drum sander that worked like a belt sander (while wondering who the heck would want such a thing). Indeed, there were lots of drum sander sleeves on display with it. Nut those pics seem to show it has a cutter drum (they use it on concrete?). Anyone grabbed on yet?

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

The 14-2/WG is for the light circuits, the only thing that is 15 amps. Everything else is at least 20 amps, there will also be 3-240V circuits that are 30 amps. The only 14 I had on hand was 14-3 for the 3 way switch stuff.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis, Jr

OK, you're good.   I tried to send you a message to see how the new shop was shaping up, but your profile won't allow messages (?)   Man, I could use a few feet of 14-3 myself -- got one more light circuit to put in.  Would have happened this week but other stuff got in the way due to nice weather.

Keith, I've received messages from other members. Don't know why you couldn't send one. Maybe this is something I need to mention in the "bugs" forum. I did look for a switch for the messages and couldn't find it. Anyway, I've got a full 250' spool of the 14-3 and would be more than happy to get you some. If it's a short piece I might be able to send it USPS.

• 4 weeks later...

Fred at 99 bucks a person could buy 2 regular 3x21 belt sanders there at lowes which right now are priced at 49.95 and for grinding paint off of metal there are more better grinders than that thing.

It looks kinda like one of those designers was sitting there at his desk and up popped something that would make him famous....but hey a person might tell he ain't ever been around that kind of work to  know better.