MWTCA November 2016 "What's It" Contest

John Morris

5 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

can the ''kneelers'' have been added for someone that is vertically challenged...

Could have been stick. Great point. I saw those too, the images you are talking about, but they were simpler in design, they didn't have the fancy legs, they were very utilitarian, that is why I am leaning towards a display table, what do you think?

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:59 AM, John Morris said:

Has anyone followed up with any contacts on this one yet? We are sooooo close I feel, just a verification from a pro in the funeral business should do. I still think it a display table for the deceased. I was heading in the direction of the embalming table, but the legs are too fancy, and the ledge on the side is telling me it's for praying or meditating at the side of the deceased. Embalming tables of the day back then were basic, simple in design. The turned legs and prayer ledge are compelling to a display table.

I tried and all I got was a could be, can't say for sure, sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 5:01 AM, Stick486 said:

I was watching a PBS special on the Civil War this morning...

the table pictured here was shown on the special in the segment on the casualties...

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/civil-war/

Sorry I missed this one Stick! I'll have to look at that and see if I can spot it, give me a perfect reason to watch the "whole thing" again! for the 6th time, I absolutely love that series. 

12 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Sorry I missed this one Stick! I'll have to look at that and see if I can spot it, give me a perfect reason to watch the "whole thing" again! for the 6th time, I absolutely love that series. 

this isn't saying that the table was solely for medical purposes...

it could have been repurposed from somewhere else...

Edited by Stick486