Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Nice review Dan. Thanks for taking time to do so...You may have to alter your dust collection discharge method in a month or two or put on your insulated overalls! :P

nicely writ...

and better find...

way to go Dan...

I am trying to get all I want cut now before it gets cold.  Cut 24 more string top blanks today.  75 degrees out there today.  Love it.  I Still have a band saw in the basement too.

4 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

I am trying to get all I want cut now before it gets cold.  Cut 24 more string top blanks today.  75 degrees out there today.  Love it.  I Still have a band saw in the basement too.

Yeah, but running the exhaust piping for that all the way out to the garage then out the door to the yard seems like a lot of extra work not to mention the pipe...:rolleyes::D

Deals like you got on that Craftsman never happen over here. That saw looks like it still smells new.

Definitely a good saw for the price. If you find you need a fence, i recommend the Rikon fence. It fits this saw perfectly, and is priced lower than the Craftsman version. I use my shop vac connected to the 2" port. It keeps most of the dust from flying around but it's not totally effective.I tried taping off the lower 4" connector, but it made little difference. I'm beginning to hear a little noise when cutting with it. Guessing it might be one of the guide bearings, probably the ones behind the blade. I've had good luck using a 3/16" blade for tight curves, though the smallest blade recommended by Craftsman is 1/4".

up size the exhaust size and the DC will work a lot better....

use snap-lock in 6 or 8''...

6 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

Definitely a good saw for the price. If you find you need a fence, i recommend the Rikon fence. It fits this saw perfectly, and is priced lower than the Craftsman version. I use my shop vac connected to the 2" port. It keeps most of the dust from flying around but it's not totally effective.I tried taping off the lower 4" connector, but it made little difference. I'm beginning to hear a little noise when cutting with it. Guessing it might be one of the guide bearings, probably the ones behind the blade. I've had good luck using a 3/16" blade for tight curves, though the smallest blade recommended by Craftsman is 1/4".

Made my own fence for it Al.  See these two threads.

I have the Ricon version of this saw. At the urging of the rep that sold it I purchased the Carter blade back support. This lets me backoff all guides except the below table back bearing.

With a [ sharp ] 3/16  4 tpi blade I find that this arrangement will do most anything I ask of it. Did I mention that I really like the Carter blade support-------works for me.

On 11/29/2016 at 0:23 PM, Marv Rall said:

I have the Ricon version of this saw. At the urging of the rep that sold it I purchased the Carter blade back support. This lets me backoff all guides except the below table back bearing.

With a [ sharp ] 3/16  4 tpi blade I find that this arrangement will do most anything I ask of it. Did I mention that I really like the Carter blade support-------works for me.

I am looking at adding this support to my Jet 14 inch band saw, I ahve heard very good things about it.

Looking at adding another band saw to the shop,  Thanks to the OP for the Review!