• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The top is almost 6/4 .  it measure 1 1/8 inch thick  after planning rough cut lumber from  5/4 if I remember correctly.  The board is Red Oak.What on my workbench?  My question would be which workbench.  Currently two have mostly scrape wood and lots of junk on them.  Last week I had a cabinet on my big workbench and now in setting in the house waiting for the other half.     

10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Sounds like you're peering through the window at mine Wayne. :D

Love that top cabinet and especially the 6/4?? top. What is the top material?

7 hours ago, Wayne Ellington said:

The top is almost 6/4 .  it measure 1 1/8 inch thick  after planning rough cut lumber from  5/4 if I remember correctly.  The board is Red Oak.What on my workbench?  My question would be which workbench.  Currently two have mostly scrape wood and lots of junk on them.  Last week I had a cabinet on my big workbench and now in setting in the house waiting for the other half.     

Looking forward to seeing the cabinet with drawers and door(s) Wayne. I really do like the top with that thickness. Adds extra depth and dimension.

What are (were?) your plans for  finish?

I stained it with MinWax Provincial.  Then used Minwax semi-gloss polyurethane.  I thought I had taken the picture but not finding it in the camera.  I'll take a picture of it sometime Monday.  I'm having a glass put in on the door side and was told they have it ready Monday. 

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Whew, that's a lot of box lids...Look great. Are these from the recycled pews?

Yes we took out the old to remodel and since they were going to dumpster I suggested we "sell" boxes and plaques as memories to help with money collections. After 56 boxes I am ready to be done bu now begin the plaques.

• 3 weeks later...

@BillyJack, that is some absolutely drop dead beautiful work, thanks for sharing. I'd like to ask you to introduce yourself at http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forum/38-introduce-yourself/

so that we may get to know a little about you Billy and the work you do and how you got to this quality point in your life. The game tables on your profile page are to drool over, thanks for sharing those.