Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

Just read a story about Dremel's new oscillating multi-tool (OMT), called the "Velocity" (Nov 2016 Family Handyman)

I don't use my OMT often, but when I need it, it comes in handy.

Differences between this and the competition:

- 5 degree swing so faster cutting

- shoe base to help get square cuts

- bigger motor

https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-VC60-01-Velocity-Hyper-Oscillating-Remodeling/dp/B01CYDA5PU/ref=sr_1_1/157-8410337-4345846?ie=UTF8&qid=1475877655&sr=8-1&keywords=dremel+velocity

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

11 minutes ago, lew said:

I don't have one of these types of tools but a buddy swears he can't live without one. His are Harbor Freight so they're a tad less expensive.

I think they are way more useful in carpentry than furniture making.  I got one to use as a detail sander, where as it turns out is marginal in performance (but way better than the lemon Porter-Cable had/has)

a Might be worth looking into, if we can get them up here. I have a cheapo model which sees quite a bit of use, but after 4-5 minutes it gets hot enough to burn your fingers! The bigger motor should fix that.

John

Edited by HARO50

I have a HF one that I only used once. When I was working as a carpenter, it sure would have saved me a lot of work, but not now.  I wonder if it uses universal blades? Or if it has to be Dremel blades.

Thanks for posting, wasn't aware of this tool.

Herb