Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, Sept. 30th, What's on your Patriot Woodworker agenda?

Rate this topic

Here we are the end of September and fall weather starting to move in. A great time to get into the shop. 

I like one more coat of paint on the walls in the finishing room and it will be ready for use. 

IMG_7064.JPG

Last night I got my turning wood shelf cleared and moved into the wood storage room. 

IMG_7065.JPG

Now I've got to get all of this back on the shelf. 

IMG_7066.JPG

Hard to believe all of that came off these shelf. 

Also so got the Dust Collector moved into the storage room along with the air compressor. 

IMG_7067.JPG

Wow did that cut down on the noise on the shop. And when I empty it the dust will be in the storage room not in the shop. 

Othet thsn that I finished five End Grain cutting boards. We are doing Octoberfest this weekend and I got our booth setup today. 

IMG_7068.JPG

so what's on your agenda this weekend? We all love to see the projects you are working on in your shop. Share with us here at TPW your weekend agenda. 

Have a great weekend and work safely!!

The finishing room looks awesome! I am so jealous!

I really was eyeing that box of sheds - where did you pick all of those up? I collect sheds - not a for project work, but to collect.

What am I up to this weekend - Deer season starts in 20 hours and 30 minutes (legal shooting time). So I am going to be deer hunting AND getting some shop time in. Looking forward to both.

3 minutes ago, lew said:

Shop's really coming along. How long do you think it will take before you think it's too small :lol:

I'm experimenting with some small turned scoops.

It was too small when I laid out the footings!!  

1 minute ago, Chips N Dust said:

The finishing room looks awesome! I am so jealous!

I really was eyeing that box of sheds - where did you pick all of those up? I collect sheds - not a for project work, but to collect.

What am I up to this weekend - Deer season starts in 20 hours and 30 minutes (legal shooting time). So I am going to be deer hunting AND getting some shop time in. Looking forward to both.

Some I found and some came from an old barn I cleaned out. I have bought a few at auctions. 

Best of luck on opening of season!

19 minutes ago, John Moody said:

Some I found and some came from an old barn I cleaned out. I have bought a few at auctions. 

Best of luck on opening of season!

Thanks!

moving some supplies to the hunting base camp..

I hate to see you overload those nice shelves so you can just send the heavy purple heart over to me.  By the way looking good in there. I will continue working on Christmas ornaments. I cut notches in the wings for angels Wednesday, so I now have to sand the edges . Then carving or drilling hole patterns in front sides.

Spent a couple days in the weld shop doing up an ATV snow plow for the winter coming up.  I always spend most of Saturday with my brother but I am hoping to get some time in the wood shop Sunday.

18 minutes ago, Gerald said:

I hate to see you overload those nice shelves so you can just send the heavy purple heart over to me.  By the way looking good in there. I will continue working on Christmas ornaments. I cut notches in the wings for angels Wednesday, so I now have to sand the edges . Then carving or drilling hole patterns in front sides.

Glad I cleaned them off I had forgotten I had that piece of Purpleheart. I might have a project for it now that I found it. 

Next week I've got to start on building this screen door. The door is 7' 9 1/2" tall not your standard door. 

IMG_7069.JPG

The bottom of it has rottened out. So I brought some poplar over to build two of these for a client. 

IMG_7070.JPG

Just one more thing on the todo list. 

Hi John, I really like the peg type board in the finishing room, I wish I had some of that here at my place to hang tools from, but my apartment is soon to be remodeled, so I have to wait to put anything like that in.

Looks like you all here have things to do this weekend. I have a bit to do. I haave a couple of pens to make and a couple of coffee scoops to make which are new to me, so we'll see how that turns out. Just sold a pair of fan light pulls that I made last summer, I may order more of them, but I am not sure about that yet. I really only like ordering parts for things that move, but lately, until today, nothing at all really has, so I may, just to have them on hand. I am also closing up the net that I had been working on and will have that finished off by mid week I bet.

Have a safe weekend everyone and enjoy the cooler weather if you are lucky enough to have it as I am.

I also have some stoppers to make, the first is a wood I guess called Tamboti, at least that is how it is labelled.

tamboti.JPG

The next one is Olive wood, not sure where from.

olivestopper.JPG

So there's some pics to make you drool. :)

Edited by Charles Nicholls

I'm building walnut flag cases this week so maybe I can get a coat of finish on them Saturday.  This is Ribfest weekend here so maybe a slab has my name on it.  Election season keeps me hoping and since I'm on the election board, there's never a dull moment.

7 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

I'm building walnut flag cases this week so maybe I can get a coat of finish on them Saturday.  This is Ribfest weekend here so maybe a slab has my name on it.  Election season keeps me hoping and since I'm on the election board, there's never a dull moment.

Election board?: Yep I would agree then, you won't be bored anytime soon LOL.

Mowing's out with 1-1/2" rain so far today (14"+ in last 6 weeks) and more on way. Youngest grand-daughter has volley ball  tournament and oldest JV football game tomorrow AM--> early PM so shuttle service. Need to spend time in garage picking up & putting away lotsa' tools & other stuff. Maybe get back to block plane refurbs; if no/little wind Sunday PM, need to do semi-annual burn of brush pile now that majority of crops around us are out and after the rain.

14 hours and 5 minutes to go

1 minute ago, Chips N Dust said:

14 hours and 5 minutes to go

For? :D

20 minutes ago, Charles Nicholls said:

For? :D

he's thinking...