Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Stick486

Useless conversation and other drivel...

6 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

No concentration.  Still thinking about the TV shows you let him watch and that the cat doesn't have to fish.

she gets frustrated and reverts to herding instinct..

50 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

she gets frustrated and reverts to herding instinct..

Border Collie or Australian Shepherd?

3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Border Collie or Australian Shepherd?

border collie...

to sit and watch her work will simply make yur day...

now if only the fish would cut her some slack..

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Half Basset, half Shepherd. A bassherd..er.

trout..

I'll tell her you said that....

8 hours ago, Stick486 said:

border collie...

to sit and watch her work will simply make yur day...

now if only the fish would cut her some slack..

MY BC died 3 years ago, Dec. 22...she was 14+...was at my side constantly except DID NOT like to ride in the truck...didn't much care for any power tools running either but if I was in the shop, she was in shop!

She once herded the neighbors car on the road...it was gravel back then...they drove very slow, she caught them and ran circles around the car until they stopped...came to the house to get my wife to get the dog so they could get home.

Had an  Australian Shepherd a couple dogs before that...the two best dogs I've ever owned!

same here for all of the dogs...

all like to ride though...

but...

DO NOT get out of your vehicle if I'm not home... just don't...

so Tom borrows a pair of my BC's to help his BC w/ the cattle...

I'm sitting on the the tail gate w/ Tom's GF watching the dogs work...

the Australian Sheppard is laying at our feet...

GF.. why isn't this dog helping..

Me.. it's a sheep dog..

GF.. so...

Me.. it knows the difference...

ZOOOM!!!

so w/ Samsung and their new phone being replaced by the boatload because of battery fires I'm sure glad I still have my palm pilot...

BEER PALM PILOT.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

so w/ Samsung and their new phone being replaced by the boatload because of battery fires I'm sure glad I still have my palm pilot...

BEER PALM PILOT.jpg:lol:

:lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

DO NOT get out of your vehicle if I'm not home... just don't...

Was the same with my Aussey...people would tell me we stopped at your house, but the dog wouldn't let us out of the car...when I was home, she would lick them to death...same people when not at home were terrified of her!

16 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

Me.. it's a sheep dog..

GF.. so...

Me.. it knows the difference...

Blonde???:P

5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Was the same with my Aussey...people would tell me we stopped at your house, but the dog wouldn't let us out of the car...when I was home, she would lick them to death...same people when not at home were terrified of her!

An Aussie, a healer and an Aussie healer mix...

5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Blonde???:P

no...

54 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

An Aussie, a healer and an Aussie healer mix...

Great animals all...most faithful of pets to an owner too! Just have to find something to keep them busy or they "find" their "work" to do!

44 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Great animals all...most faithful of pets to an owner too! Just have to find something to keep them busy or they "find" their "work" to do!

that they are...

keep busy...

self appointed guard duty... constantly on patrol...

I've come to the conclusion that the dogs keep me in shape ....

You've seen those ads on TV promising amazing results from all sorts of contraptions. Well, there's no need to invest in fancy equipment. If you have (or can borrow) a dog, you have everything you need to get in shape now!!! The following exercises can be done anywhere, anytime.

Inner Thighs: Place the dog's favorite toy between thighs. Press tighter than the dog can pull. Do not attempt bare legged - dogs who favor shortcuts to success will just dig the toy out. You could be damaged.

Upper Body Strength: Lift the dog - off the couch, off the bed, out of the flower bed. Repeat, repeat, repeat. As the dog ages, this exercise is reversed - onto the couch, onto the bed, into the car and so on.

Balance and Coordination, Exercise 1: Remove your puppy from unsuitable tight places. If they're too small for him, they're certainly too small for you. Do it anyway!

Balance and Coordination, Exercise 2: Practice not falling when your dog bounds across the full length of the room, sails through the air, and slams both front paws into the back of your knees.

Balance and Coordination, Exercise 3: (for use with multiple dogs) Remove all dogs from lap and answer the phone before it stops ringing.

Balance and Coordination, Exercise 4: (alternate) For older dogs, attempt to cross a room without tripping over the dog. Get off your couch without crushing any part of a sleeping elderly dog.

Upper Arms: Throw the ball. Throw the squeaky toy. Throw the Frisbee. Repeat until nauseous.

Upper Arms: (alternate) Tug the rope. Tug the pull toy. Tug the sock. Repeat until your shoulder is dislocated or the dog gives up (we all know which comes first).

Hand Coordination: Remove foreign object from dog's locked jaw. This exercise is especially popular with puppy owners. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Remember, this is a timed exercise. Movements must be quick and precise (think concert pianist) to prevent trips to the vet, which only offer the minimal exercise benefit of jaw firming clenches.

Calves: After the dog has worn out the rest of your body, hang a circular toy on your ankle and let the dog tug while you tug back. WARNING: This is feasible only for those with strong bones and small dogs. Have you taken your calcium supplement today?

Calves: (alternate) Run after dog - pick any reason, there are plenty. Dogs of any size can be used for this exercise. Greyhounds are inadvisable.

Neck Muscles: Attempt to outmaneuver the canine tongue headed for your ear, mouth, or eyeball. This is a lifelong fitness program. A dog is never too old or too feeble to "French Kiss" you when you least expect it.

2 hours ago, Stick486 said:

I've come to the conclusion that the dogs keep me in shape ....

:lol::lol::lol:! Excellent! Only dog owners really get this!

A dog we had loved to chase a rolling steel wagon wheel rim and buckets of any size and type. He was hilarious. His antics, especially with buckets, were legendary.

My Border Collie always circled me on the lawn tractor or front mount mower then she would bite at only the left front tire...confused her some with the front mount since it's a caster wheel...occassionally tried the same with the LF wheel on the push mower too...guess that's why we were paired up...both left-handed.:D

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

My Border Collie always circled me on the lawn tractor or front mount mower then she would bite at only the left front tire...confused her some with the front mount since it's a caster wheel...occassionally tried the same with the LF wheel on the push mower too...guess that's why we were paired up...both left-handed.:D

Remember Dave, "Everyone is Born Right Handed, Only the Gifted Overcome It."

1 hour ago, Chips N Dust said:

According to th Assoc. For The Gifted and Talented, about 10% fall in the category.

According to Wikipedia, 10% of us are lefties. 

I'm a righty. Explains a lot.

1 hour ago, Chips N Dust said:

here here...