Friday, Sept 16th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Gene Howe

Mow-a-thon on hold for rain...shuttle oldest grand-daughter tonight after varsity football away & tomorrow for JV football home game (she's one of the Varsity/JV student trainers not one of the players :P). A few small projects in the garage since I won't be able to move stuff out while raining...need to pick-up/clean-up some tools.

started the day off w/ some fishing...

nice pair cutthroats for me...

the dog... I believe she's gonna have to stay home more..

she's makes all of us look bad...

found which conductor was open and subbed another in it's place.. (got over easy on that)...

working on the telemetry software set up... about done...

will entertain any and all scheduled and unscheduled naps and snacks...

Edited by Stick486

I bought a spare 1.5 horse dust collector a couple years ago.  Dragged it out back today and started getting it hooked to the band saw.  I have to wire a 220V plug off the box and fix the broken switch box on the DC.  Might as well put a 12 foot cord on it while I am at it.  Will finish that first tomorrow.  Won't be using it much so I am just going to blow the dust out the door.

Wow Gene, you beat me to the post today but that's fine, I have been all wound up this week.

First off I twisted my knee this week so I had to get a shot, then I had a reaction to the shot and was down till Thursday evening before I could eat anything. But I am back up and around now.

Got a batch of cutting boards in the first glue up today.

Cutting Boards.jpg

And then we got an order for two Big Green Egg Tables that will have to be delivered middle of next week. Today we got the 5"x5" cedar post cut into legs blanks

Legs for Egg Tables.jpg

Legs for Egg Tables 2.jpg

And then while all of that is going on I am still working on the shop expansion. Ron Dudleston is on his way down tomorrow and I have plenty of things for us to work with while he is here like; 

Beadboard for the office ceiling.

Beadboard.jpg

Plywood for the walls and ceiling in the other rooms.

Plywood for Walls.jpg

A single door to open into the wood storage room from the inside of the shop.

Single Door.jpg

A double door to open from inside the shop to the finishing room and insulation to put above the ceiling.

Double Door and Insulation.jpg

So I think we have enough to keep us busy and I know that he works for M&M's so I stocked up on those today also.

M and Ms.jpg

So that is pretty much what is happening in my shop and world this weekend, glad to see that the rest of you have lost going on.

Company picnic...as if I don't see my coworkers enough. But my son and niece will have a blast and my wife love's it as well.  Planned to mill some white oak for a hanging shop cabinet last week but didn't get to it so hoping to get that going. I was able to get my sons "chair stool" completed this week and my shop was a mess so started cleaning which really led to reorganizing so I have a feeling that will continue this weekend if I have time. In the mood to just kinda piddle in the shop if I have time.image.jpeg

Edited by Rlbailey3

4 hours ago, John Moody said:

Wow Gene, you beat me to the post today but that's fine, I have been all wound up this week.

First off I twisted my knee this week so I had to get a shot, then I had a reaction to the shot and was down till Thursday evening before I could eat anything. But I am back up and around now.

Got a batch of cutting boards in the first glue up today.

Cutting Boards.jpg

And then we got an order for two Big Green Egg Tables that will have to be delivered middle of next week. Today we got the 5"x5" cedar post cut into legs blanks

Legs for Egg Tables.jpg

Legs for Egg Tables 2.jpg

And then while all of that is going on I am still working on the shop expansion. Ron Dudleston is on his way down tomorrow and I have plenty of things for us to work with while he is here like; 

Beadboard for the office ceiling.

Beadboard.jpg

Plywood for the walls and ceiling in the other rooms.

Plywood for Walls.jpg

A single door to open into the wood storage room from the inside of the shop.

Single Door.jpg

A double door to open from inside the shop to the finishing room and insulation to put above the ceiling.

Double Door and Insulation.jpg

So I think we have enough to keep us busy and I know that he works for M&M's so I stocked up on those today also.

M and Ms.jpg

So that is pretty much what is happening in my shop and world this weekend, glad to see that the rest of you have lost going on.

No no no, that's me that works for M&M's LOL.. I dunno , maybe that's him too LOL.

Anyway, I will be on the lathe finally this weekend, I will not be doing much, but trying to get a few mini birdhouses made and a couple of ornaments. I also have to get a pen made finally that someone is graciously waiting for, and has been since I took ill back at the end of June.  I can't believe it's taken this long to recover from that problem, but then I wasn't really "well" to begin with.

So anyway, that's what's happening here with me and the "Supervisor Shadow", have a great and safe weekend all!