John Moody

Friday, Sept 2nd, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

looking good..

and flexeel...

way to go...

Looks like fun John.

I am still mostly in recuperate mode, but I am probably going to go ahead and get that pen done that I have been putting off until I felt better. After that, we'll see how I feel. I might do a lot more this weekend than I am thinking now. :) 

today:  taking up some tiles in the bathroom (slowly renovating it, got the tub out a few days ago, then next i'll demo the shower).  after that, start refinishing a pair of old nightstand tops.

this weekend:  have a pistol match tomorrow, likely very little else will get done in the shop that day.  sunday:  day of rest.  monday:  start shower demolition.

i can always find something to do in retirement (retired at 45!).

Going to try to finish a box...

first coat.JPG

1st coat is on....

Saturday, I think  I'll go "shopping" down at the Tractor Fest.    Last year, walked over a mile through all the vendors.....about like a yard sale for tools and other things....have a little more cash in the pocket, this year...LOL  

6 minutes ago, DAB said:

today:  taking up some tiles in the bathroom (slowly renovating it, got the tub out a few days ago, then next i'll demo the shower).  after that, start refinishing a pair of old nightstand tops.

this weekend:  have a pistol match tomorrow, likely very little else will get done in the shop that day.  sunday:  day of rest.  monday:  start shower demolition.

Good luck with the pistol match. I have always wanted to get in on one of those but never had the transportation to get to them.

8 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Going to try to finish a box...

first coat.JPG

1st coat is on....

Saturday, I think  I'll go "shopping" down at the Tractor Fest.    Last year, walked over a mile through all the vendors.....about like a yard sale for tools and other things....have a little more cash in the pocket, this year...LOL  

Great lookin box.Steven.:)

John: Looking Great! You mentioned about it being to dark, when I was re-wiring part of my shop, I wore a head lamp - really helps out. And, it is not even one of the expensive ones - an energizer brand from the big box store for less than $20. Also, they work good for packing out an elk in the dark :) 

Steve: That box looks awesome! You sir, are a craftsman.

What is on my agenda: Painting the outside wall of the shop where I walled up the garage door. Been prepping and caulking every evening this week. If all goes well, I want to start in on a router storage cabinet and put together my router table. 

2 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said:

John: Looking Great! You mentioned about it being to dark, when I was re-wiring part of my shop, I wore a head lamp - really helps out. And, it is not even one of the expensive ones - an energizer brand from the big box store for less than $20. Also, they work good for packing out an elk in the dark :) 

That's a great idea. I need to get one for many other uses also. I thought I would have at least one light up but I got delayed a bit as I had to make a modification to the new 100 amp panel I put in before I could get power to the new small panel I put in the expansion. 

Besides, dark gave me an excuse to stop.;)

47 minutes ago, DAB said:

What kind of pistol match are you shooting in and what do you shoot?

1 hour ago, John Moody said:

What kind of pistol match are you shooting in and what do you shoot?

IDPA match (local match).  i shoot 2 matches a month.  presently ranked as SharpShooter.  i'll be shooting my Beretta Px4 9mm full size tomorrow, it's my daily carry pistol.  have other ones i can shoot as well in other categories.  it's a lot of fun and gives you a good test of your abilities and your gear's worthiness.

Our sons and families will be here from Tucson. Our home is on 27 acres and we have a range set up in back. Just a couple clay pigeon slingers and a few rotating targets. The boys are pretty good with their 20 gauges. And we shoot several different handguns. They each have a couple Glock 9s and their wives each shoot Walther CCPs. Also 9s. I just bang away with my trusty Colt 357 revolver and my CCW, a Ruger LCR. A neat little hammerless 5 shot revolver.

So, this weekend will be spent with family. I'm sure we'll eat good, go desert riding and sling some lead.

5 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Our sons and families will be here from Tucson. Our home is on 27 acres and we have a range set up in back. Just a couple clay pigeon slingers and a few rotating targets. The boys are pretty good with their 20 gauges. And we shoot several different handguns. They each have a couple Glock 9s and their wives each shoot Walther CCPs. Also 9s. I just bang away with my trusty Colt 357 revolver and my CCW, a Ruger LCR. A neat little hammerless 5 shot revolver.

So, this weekend will be spent with family. I'm sure we'll eat good, go desert riding and sling some lead.

Now that sounds like a fun weekend Gene!

My CCW is a Glock 23  40 or a Kimber Micro 9 depending on where I am and what I'm doing,

1 hour ago, DAB said:

IDPA match (local match).  i shoot 2 matches a month.  presently ranked as SharpShooter.  i'll be shooting my Beretta Px4 9mm full size tomorrow, it's my daily carry pistol.  have other ones i can shoot as well in other categories.  it's a lot of fun and gives you a good test of your abilities and your gear's worthiness.

Sound great. Hope you have a great match.

John, Arizona has always been an open carry state. But, you get strange looks if you carry open into Macys. The little LCR is invisible. But, out in the wilds around here its the 357. 

It is cool here too.  Loving it.  Got the bushes trimmed and the debris picked up.  Didn't have any two cycle gas mixed so I did that today.  Blew the debris out in the yard and cut the grass with the bagger attached.  Ready for the weekend.

37 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

John, Arizona has always been an open carry state. But, you get strange looks if you carry open into Macys. The little LCR is invisible. But, out in the wilds around here its the 357

357 Sig????

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

go desert riding and sling some lead

You guys got lead! CA is headed towards an all out lead ban, we'll be forced to purchase the more expensive steel shot. Not that I really hunted anything, been years since I went bird hunting, but for the folks who do hunt, it may be a tad more expensive soon enough.

nonlead-infographic.png

15 minutes ago, John Morris said:

You guys got lead! CA is headed towards an all out lead ban, we'll be forced to purchase the more expensive steel shot. Not that I really hunted anything, been years since I went bird hunting, but for the folks who do hunt, it may be a tad more expensive soon enough.

nonlead-infographic.png

Don't get me started on the No Lead hunting bullets. For birds, I can see and understand that, but for their reasons associated around big game hunting, these people are @#!@ #% IDIOTS.

I'm not surprised John.  California bans everything.  Not a thing planned in the shop this weekend.  Cookouts on Saturday and Sunday after church and of course will have to watch my Notre Dame Fighting Irish on the tube Sunday night.