Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Stick486

Tabs on the Weather...

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Stick486 -
HandyDan -

Top Posters

At 0900 hours this morning, temp was 91 with a heat index of 100.  Yesterday, I needed to put 2 pop rivets on the clip inside the mail box for outgoing mail.  I can't put the mail in the box as it is a locked box.  What should have been a 5 minute job turned into a 3 hour career.  The holes drilled fine.  The rivet gun had a wire in it and wouldn't turn it loose.  So, I had to remove the head, remove the pin that the ratchet handle is held in place.  Removal of pin allowed the plastic holder to pop out and relieve the spring.  So, removed spring and jaws and piece of nail.  Put it all back together, but fought with the spring so I could re-install the fulcrum pin.  What a chore!  Nothing strenous or physically demanding, just in the heat and struggling with the spring and pin.  Once it was assembled, it took 2 minutes to put in both rivets.  The clip was initially glued from the factory.  It won't be falling out anytime soon.  And, the rivet gun was a Craftsman made in the USA.  It had a 1 year warranty back in about 1980 or maybe before.  Yes, I was wet as if I had done all that in the rain.  It would have been cooler.  Had rain today.  Actually, it sprinkled for about 15 minutes, had plenty of thundering and lightening and it cooled down to 86.  It was really nice.  

Basically a rerun today of yesterday.  Temps this afternoon 97 with a heat index of 112.  Nothing to it if you can keep a dry towel handy.  Got a shower for about 45 seconds and temps are now down to 94. Whew!  What a relief!

2 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Basically a rerun today of yesterday. 

Same here.  Three tee shirts later I came in and got out of all the rest of the wet clothes..  

I've been waiting on the report from Alaska.  I know that he was for global warming and I am ready to share some of this precious warmth if only I can get some cool.  The electricity company is really going to love me this month and next.  :D

Well yeah, it been a bit warmer that normal. It been fantastic for the garden.  At my house the highest temp has been 81. living in a mountain valley help too.  The high peaks block the sun so our sun rise is later the and sunset is earlier. All in all we are doing just fine. I suppose the biggest negative watering the garden. Normally mother nature takes care of that.  The garden is 200 feet from the nearest water faucet. 

My biggest concern is the high fire danger.

Anchorage?  If you interested.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alaska-heat-wave-shatters-citys-record-disrupts-jobs-193810542.html

Edited by Warped & Twisted

Little cooler here today.  Low 80s.  Break in the rain yesterday morning.  Went out about 2:00PM and checked grass. Shoes got a few drops on them but dry enough to cut.  Got half the front yard done and got rained out.  Looks like I can try again tomorrow.

Edited by HandyDan

87°, Humidity 68%, Dew Point 75°, Heat Index only 96°. :Hot:

We've got some :BlackCloud:forecast for this afternoon.

We thought we may get some of this tropical storm, but it came from Tennessee down through Georgia and went right out into the Gulf.  The prognosticators kept telling us that we are going to get about 4+ inches of rain this weekend. So, while laundry is going tomorrow, will mow and edge.  We had some rain yesterday with some wind gusts up to 50 mph.  Cooled things down, but it sure was steamy after that.  Replaced a board in a deck for a neighbor widow and it has lots of my sweat in it.  They could do a DNA sample.  :)

4 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

ut it came from Tennessee down through Georgia

I sent it back, still working on deck, got no time for rain.:JawDrop:

Beautiful morning. 60° and clear. Supposed to get some really bad thunderstorms later. I'm guessing they'll be bad, as NOAA says they'll be isolated. They only isolate the really bad ones.

Went three days with no rain.  Managed to get most of the grass cut yesterday but some spots were still too wet.  Already raining this morning.  Mid 80s for the high.

It has rained some much in the last few months that the water table is at ground level.  If it doesn't run off is just sits there.  I have grass that is rotting from being wet for too long.  Normal for this time of year is the sump pump hole in the basement is dry.  It runs every 10 minutes now.  Here is a picture of a couple spots.  This one isn't too bad.

DSC02623.JPG.de5c7fd016865e185ff3df8d27d79295.JPG

Next one is still a puddle after 48 hours with no rain.

DSC02624.JPG.75a1c259c16c7cf2e8fbe59919b25da2.JPG

My back yard is not typically wet let alone look like this.  Here are some pictures to visualize the grade.

DSC02625.JPG.31d13f6ca14a6e2791d6d37348efc0cc.JPG

DSC02626.JPG.b0f5ad31140bb4a62f83907f750f31ad.JPG

Been here over 20 years and never experienced this.  Went 72 hours with no rain and the puddle was still there.  It is raining today.

Edited by HandyDan

Rained for a few hours yesterday.  Just a normal thunderstorm not a deluge.  Supposed to have no rain for three days with temps in the mid 80s.  I'll take it.

Got most of the yard mowed yesterday.  We had only one shower.  Temps and mugginess still the same.  Need to trim and edge today.  We just had one quick shower, so still dry enough to finish up.  

95° with barely a cloud in the sky it’s been that way for several days now. However I do understand that a supposed  tropical storm of some form is supposed to come up here over the weekend to cool things off. However, unless it gets it’s act together, about the only thing we’re going to get, is a little bit of wind and a sprinkle.