Stick486

Tabs on the Weather...

5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Wondered the same Fred. While BG does get snow, that region is far more susceptible to freezing rain/ice storms and sleet.  It can get really nasty there.

I don't suppose anyone thought to warn Allen about that BEFORE he moved?! :wacko:

John

4 hours ago, Roly said:

Mother nature came through.   No ice just wet snow.  20 miles south of St. Louis

Roly

image.png

Nice picture, Roly! Love the dog in CAMO!! :D

John

5 hours ago, DuckSoup said:

Two hours later & Mother nature still isn't sure what she wants to do.

Four hours later and it is starting to get whiter but is still melting on contact.

34 minutes ago, p_toad said:

the deer are just getting there...i prefer the giraffes in snow version. 

these are a bit more to my liking....

solid.jpg.046d9563c41237de731c7460dc94964a.jpg SN1.jpg.c9eeac3614c962305c6fa6bb449abdb9.jpg 1314950137_onthewaytothehill.jpg.fb2720bbf6d54ea8fe94508c8966178d.jpg

25 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Four hours later and it is starting to get whiter

good to here...

25 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

but is still melting on contact.

condolences.....

2 hours ago, HARO50 said:

I don't suppose anyone thought to warn Allen about that BEFORE he moved?! :wacko:

John

I provided him with a U-tube video chronicling the drive from Kalifornya to 'ol Kentuk and being welcomed by the 'ole "wintery mix" but I suspect he didn't really care...snow, ice, heat, humidity, old red clay, tornadoes, all easier to endure than the "left" coast IMO.

still smiling...

Finally, several long range forecasts are predicting a return to normal around Thanksgiving....day time 50 (+/-) temps!

25o here at 0530...up all the way to 27o now. Ground is kind of crunchy when you walk on it. Overcast and wind picking up...supposed to be mid 30's later but with strong West winds. 

First storm threat passed with a whimper.  An inch of snow is all it could muster but we did get a lot of rain.  Trees have a lot of ice build up.  Leaves late on the trees gathered the snow and are bowing badly.  See what happens there.  Mid 30s today with a light wind.

12510381_10205910603429186_76856045824141368_n.jpg.8ab3cbbbb4da97020f89ebc9b5f282d6.jpg

Edited by HandyDan

4" of heavy snow overnight. Looked out side at 6:30, it's a beautiful winter scene, :) took a few pictures. Roads looked bad, si I drove the LOML to work, then ran an errand for the garden center. Mostly back roads, a real winter wonderland! :TwoThumbsUp: Got home, shoveled s*** for close to an hour, blood sugars crashed, felt like heck, but recuperating now. Can't WAIT till this crap melts!!! :angry:

John

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

the trees gathered the snow and are bowing badly.  See what happens there

wood for turning almost delivered...

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

First storm threat passed with a whimper.

sorry to hear this...

9a.JPG

11.JPG

22.JPG

6 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

Looked out side at 6:30, it's a beautiful winter scene,

aren't they all...

happiness abounds...

everything is iced up everywhere...

The ice melted off the trees with only a few small branches down.  A few miles south the electric was still out yesterday so we missed the worst of it.

Seeing some sun this morning with low 40s as the high and more rain this afternoon and evening.

just the way I like it uh-huh...

Currently at 37o which is the predicted high for today. Light rain, NNE wind, 5-10 mph.

Basically a miserable winter day.

Suspect Russian collusion in the disappearance of the sun and meddling in fall weather.

Rx: take nap every 2 hours as needed.

Edited by Grandpadave52