I'm a little proud of this

Steve Krumanaker

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Kevin Beitz said:

Wow That took some time... Great job. Are your tips shaped 

for the job ?

Kevin. Let me stress, that one is not mine and I'm not sure exactly what tips Ron used. When I do my bowls I use mostly a skew tip and a spoon shader.  I posted a video on my youtube channel of doing a basket weave bowl and he used it as a guide to do his. It is somewhat time consuming but much easier than a person would think. It's not a drawing so much as a repeating pattern. I devised the pattern using zentangle art principles. If you look closely, for most of the bowl there are only two different lines that repeat over and over, a vertical line and a wavy line, of course putting the lines in the right place is important.

9 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

155583301_download(4).jpeg.b024124b146b16756728a595cbac94df.jpegThis piece of Zentangle would make a nice decoration on a plain pine box. But, I'd cheat and use the laser.

Gene, that is a variation on what is probably my favorite zentangle pattern, "phicops in a circle". Without doubt, it is the pattern I've used most often on my bowls. I also created a DXF of it so I could burn it with a laser but always do it by hand as I just enjoy drawing it. The fill in the segments is interesting but to my eye it loses much of the 3D effect created by shading. It's typical of zentangle patterns in it's simplicity, three little arcs comprise the whole pattern.

2094750935_maplerocks1.JPG.d9c50cd28221aca70302c0ddc26a810d.JPG

Steve

Edited by Steve Krumanaker