Friday, July 29th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

This week about all I have done in the shop is make a mess. I have been working on the addition and taking things in and out and just laying them wherever I could.

You can read about Part 4 of the expansion here.

I did manage to work into the week some cutting boards. 

Set of Cutting Boards.jpg

I ran two large, two medium and two smalls with this patch. I will cut out another batch over the weekend to have for First Friday next week.

As always, we here at TPW love to see and hear about your projects. Share with us your plans for this weekend in your shop or with your family.

Finally getting back into the shop after being a mason tender most of the past week. Eldorad stone finished, shutters installed the porch posts painted and landscaping lights replaced. Still need to make some decorative corbels for the porch posts and some minor electrical changes. I think this stage of the home upgrade is about finished.

I have a mallet to turn and need to finish a small tile top deck table. And of course, relatives will be here next week. Not sure how that will affect the plans.

1 minute ago, Gene Howe said:

John's work ethic amazes me. As does Lew's. You guys are multitaskers of the first order.

My job this weekend is cleaning the shop. I'll be starting another chair soon and it's always good to start with a clean shop.

Chair? Do I hear chair? Chair, chair, chair, I can't get enough of that word, what kind of chair this time Gene?

1 hour ago, lew said:

Finally getting back into the shop after being a mason tender most of the past week. Eldorad stone finished, shutters installed the porch posts painted and landscaping lights replaced. Still need to make some decorative corbels for the porch posts and some minor electrical changes. I think this stage of the home upgrade is about finished.

I have a mallet to turn and need to finish a small tile top deck table. And of course, relatives will be here next week. Not sure how that will affect the plans.

So you are able to exhale when?

44 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

John's work ethic amazes me. As does Lew's. You guys are multitaskers of the first order.

My job this weekend is cleaning the shop. I'll be starting another chair soon and it's always good to start with a clean shop.

Thanks Gene. I just try to keep busy and not sit around too much. Every now and then I have to push myself though.

1 minute ago, John Morris said:

Aww dang man, someday. You guys will have to smack a bottle of champagne on that sucker when it finally gets opened up for a test drive.

I promise you as soon as it can be opened and setup, we will document it and copy you with it. He is hating that it is sitting here and he is there and can't use it.

1 minute ago, Gene Howe said:

John, in your honor, it's another Morris. His and hers. One down, one to go.

When this one is done, there's two rifle cases, a jewelry chest, a router lathe and some canes, to make. Oh, almost forgot the SCMS upgrade and assembling a new to me Shopsmith powered jointer. Ahhh, if I were younger.

Aww, if only I had your time!!!! It all sounds dreamy and fun!