Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Dudelston

This Tip Works

Rate this topic

A lady at our church asked me to paint four shutters for her.  Mush to my dismay, the paint she gave me was water based latex.  I recently read a finishing article that said to thin latex with windshield washer fluid.  I cut the latex at 10% and sprayed it with a drop feed sprayer at about 45 PSI.  It worked but better than I could imagine.   The alcohol in the washer fluid sped the drying process and the finish was quite smooth.  Who'd a thunk it?

I just thin it with water to 60 seconds thru a viscosity cup. And then spray it using my $14 Harbor Freight purple spray gun. Air pressure is about 45 psi. Just sprayed the house shutter to match the new spouting. We used to have vinyl spoutings and I sprayed sprayed them and the shutters the same color.