Question For John Morris

Gene, the rockers are mainly machined, with a series of side angle grinders for the sculpting and some table saw cove cutting jigs for the arms. The rest of the rocker is bent lam glue ups. About the only time I actually have to use any hand tools is a half round bastard extra course to fair in the curves by eye, but that is about the only time. Most of the shaping is done by power. And I am using an old rasp that I've had for years for shaping as well. No mark on the rasp.

Now of course, if you are asking me for a supplier, you know I have to tell you, Japan Woodworker owned by Woodcraft would be my first "go to" place to look for those tools! :)

Are you getting into the rocker business?

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

Gene, the rockers are mainly machined, with a series of side angle grinders for the sculpting and some table saw cove cutting jigs for the arms. The rest of the rocker is bent lam glue ups. About the only time I actually have to use any hand tools is a half round bastard extra course to fair in the curves by eye, but that is about the only time. Most of the shaping is done by power. And I am using an old rasp that I've had for years for shaping as well. No mark on the rasp.

Now of course, if you are asking me for a supplier, you know I have to tell you, Japan Woodworker owned by Woodcraft would be my first "go to" place to look for those tools! :)

Are you getting into the rocker business?

Now, that's an idea. No...wait. Rockers on a Morris chair? Nah, not happinin.

Actually, some of my older Rasps are losing their teeth...well, their teeth are losing their bite.  Time to retire them and find replacements.

I use them for forming edges and some refining after sculpting with the die grinder. Or, just start sculpting from scratch with a series of rasps. 

• 2 months later...