Friday, March 11th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

John Moody

Down to two weeks to "work" and then join the ranks of the retired world.

This week I have gotten in a little shop time. I got two Lego tables together all but the trim piece around the top. it sits 3/4" above the top to keep the pieces from sliding off. So I will get the trim on then get it painted and attach the Lego bases. Maybe I can finish that this weekend. I am doing a wine and cheese open house Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. I sure hope they are buyers and we can sell some boards and cheese boards.

56e3895ff0a3a_PoplarLegoTables.thumb.jpg

56e389527af23_PoplarLegoTables2.thumb.jp

So that is my plans this weekend, what is on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda? We here at TPW love to see all of your projects and love the pictures. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to Spring Forward Saturday night.

John, we'll probably see the other 4 days when we head out there in June.  Lew, that is a fine looking table and very "substantial".  Maybe Gene will help you carry it.  I'm prepping for a seminar this weekend.  I got drafted by the youth director at church to give classes on kite building and flying to our youth so I'm cutting bass wood sticks and writing a curriculum.

13 hours ago, John Moody said:

Down to two weeks to "work" and then join the ranks of the retired world.

This week I have gotten in a little shop time. I got two Lego tables together all but the trim piece around the top. it sits 3/4" above the top to keep the pieces from sliding off. So I will get the trim on then get it painted and attach the Lego bases. Maybe I can finish that this weekend. I am doing a wine and cheese open house Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. I sure hope they are buyers and we can sell some boards and cheese boards.

56e3895ff0a3a_PoplarLegoTables.thumb.jpg

56e389527af23_PoplarLegoTables2.thumb.jp

So that is my plans this weekend, what is on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda? We here at TPW love to see all of your projects and love the pictures. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to Spring Forward Saturday night.

Great looking tables there John.

This weekend is going to be spent  between making bottle stoppers, I have 4 to make. They aren't sold but i have the hardware available, and working on the cast net that I have been working on for the better part of a year. I want to get that thing done so that I can say that IT IS done. It may never see water, but I wanted to make one since netting has been in the family for close to a century, and it's a skill that I always wanted to learn :). The net is currently just over 6 ft tall and I am going for a total of 8 ft. Each row adds one inch in length, and takes the better part of a day to add one row.

The burl image is a piece that I am starting on today for the first of the 4 bottle stoppers.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CastNet1.JPG

MapleBurl.JPG