Special Wounded Warrior Gift

Fred Wilson

About a month ago, I received a phone call from a fellow wondering if I could make something special for his dad.  He explained that his dad was wounded in Viet Nam  and is still felling the effects.  He went on to explain that his dad was only in the Army for a couple of years but spent most of that time in country.  His main job was a Forward Scout".  (YIKES)  Anyhow, to finish up the story, his dad received four Purple Hearts and one Bronze Star and attained the rank of Sgt.

With learning of a brother who was a true hero in a conflict so many years ago and so far away, I advised this young man that I would be honored to make something for him.  We settled on a $40 Army thing with just a little modification.

The more I got to thinking about it, I couldn't justify this small gift express the gratitude of a grateful nation.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just finished this hero's gift today.  His son took one look and started to cry.  I must admit that my eyes leaked a little bit too.  After hugs, he and his wife headed out to his dad's house to present it to him.  Merry CHRISTmas to all.

Oh, yeh, a couple of pictures of the project.

56774398154e7_Rider11-Copy.png.49f48be7f

5677439a6cdde_Rider12-Copy.png.2d952ac2d

Rider13.png.5e6dbe8403732a7b85edbf512559