Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners

lew

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. There are service men and women around the world, in harm's way, who will be away from their families. As you sit down with your loved ones give thanks for these brave men and women and pray for their safety.

The finish is on the spalted bowl so my part of the Christmas presents is done. I sold the last of my rolling pin inventory today so that will be the next shop project- rebuilding the stockpile. The last rolling pin went to the bake shop instructor at the school where I taught. We were talking about care and maintenance of wooden rolling pins and he mentioned an article he read about Coconut Oil. It apparently has some amazing antibacterial qualities. He said he is going to start using it on their rolling pins. I'll need to research this a little more.

Tim Yoder has a new video up. It's about turning a thin walled bowl. Some good information-

Most of us, at some point, need a new handle or knob for a project. Ernie Conover has a video on turning these- 

Now, if you are really into making that one of a kind item, check out this video from Woodcraft-

Finally, Woodworker's Journal has a free plan for turning Salt and Pepper grinder/shaker-

56566dd253a1c_2015-11-2521_25_45-WJ089-S

You can download the plan here-

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/WJ089-Salt-Pepper-Shakers.pdf

Well, this should give you enough to watch between the parades and football games, tomorrow.

Safe Turning!