Performax 16-32 Questions of Use and Maintenance

For sale, Performax 16-32 Sander. Local pick up only in Southern CA. If you live in a 100 mile radius I can deliver.

Conveyor belt has a small area that is ripped, other than that this machine works perfect. Purchased in 2006. Make an offer! Contact me via PM for details.

Performax_16-32_(2).thumb.jpg.1aacc6130e

Performax_16-32.thumb.jpg.2f65ac010a3faf

Edited by Courtland

...and so the unplugging begins....

Kind a sorta Lew, been wanting to sell my 16-32 for some time, I don't use it. I used it for a couple kitchen cabinet jobs I had when I bought the sander, it paid for itself. And I have used it a hand full of times since. It takes up too much room in my shop for the use I get out of it. The last time I used it literally was two years ago. It's a great sander, but I just never use it. So, it made sense this is the first plugged in device to move. I'll use the proceeds to purchase materials for my new work bench and vises.

Too bad you're in California.  I'd buy it.

I was looking on eBay and Craigslist for some pricing information, and there aren't that many 16-32's on the market. I was surprised. There are other drum sanders such as Delta and Sears but not very many Performax sanders, I guess that could attribute the high quality of the machine. The resale value is excellent too, they really hold their value.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I am new to this game. I have a16 32 performax given to me. I was wondering if you sold yours. I found a manual online but I'm not sure it's the right one. I was wondering if I could pick your brain a little.

21 minutes ago, Rob 65 said:

I am new to this game. I have a16 32 performax given to me. I was wondering if you sold yours. I found a manual online but I'm not sure it's the right one. I was wondering if I could pick your brain a little.

Rob, what info do you need on yours? Brain pick away!

I'll start with the conveyor belt. I assume mine needs changing by the duct tape and frayed edges from misalignment. The manual says to remove 4 bolts but I can't get to the two on the backside because of a motor support rod. The manual I got is for a 601 model and I have a 602. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, John. I looked for a video all over YouTube and couldn't find anything. That looked like a Jet which I have heard is the same. Now, where is a good place to buy belts? Sorry I am really clueless about a lot of this.

I'll start with the conveyor belt. I assume mine needs changing by the duct tape and frayed edges from misalignment. The manual says to remove 4 bolts but I can't get to the two on the backside because of a motor support rod. The manual I got is for a 601 model and I have a 602. Thanks for the help.