Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Altier

A glue bottle that actually works well

Rate this topic

41 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Sounds to me like you guys are trying to fix a problem that was not broken to start with.. What's wrong with the bottles the glue comes in??? 

Its a problem. You glue kitchen cabinet doors and frames everyday for 30 years you'll get picky about  glue bottles, the glue and the screw tips you use...Work smarter, not harder....

2 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Sounds to me like you guys are trying to fix a problem that was not broken to start with.. What's wrong with the bottles the glue comes in??? 

I did like the old bottles better.  They had caps on them.  I don't like the pull up spouts they use today.  I have an old spout and cap but it is getting worn. 

I do not buy glue in any volume that requires anything but the bottle it comes in.  I prefer today's pull up cap over the old caps, I have never lost or spent "time" looking for the cap.

Between uses the glue that wasn't cleaned off the top of the bottle acts as a good seal in the event I did not push the cap down.

I use an acid brush to spread the glue during glue ups.  I use the sharp hollow handle end to scrape off the dried glue from the bottle cap, it generally comes off in one piece and the pull up cap works great at that point.

I  have a supply of flat plastic door keys to rooms at Las Vegas and other night lodges and this is what I spread glue on flat areas. I think these things are the best to get the glue spread out evenly. When I run out of the flat cards without raised letters, easier to clean, then I might go to the other cards...

I buy my glues by the gallons and store them in the house and then time for refilling the tops gets a good cleaning.

Like I said some create problems that was not there to start with...IMG_20191209_094802556.jpg.23b9c4f867b25fdadc07a680b7099991.jpg

Edited by Smallpatch

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=acid brush

I have used these for 15+ years.  Cheap and if you mess up, no big loss.  However, I try my best to reach the water hose after applying the glue.  It washed right out.  I have used the same 2 brushes for the past couple of years.  If I leave it in too long, it won't wash out, so it is time to upgrade.  

On 12/10/2019 at 6:12 AM, Gene Howe said:

Gator, I used to keep a cup of water handy to put the brush 

Now, that's an idea in some situations.  I can get those little sample paper cups and just toss them at the end of the job.  Thanks, Gene.