Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

stevem

New Member who is really into the Oldies

Rate this topic

ron, the old tank is not in service, im using the old compressor with the tank disconnected to charge up my modern 8 gallon portable

next is the lathes.  ive had several over the years, my first was a little craftmaster, typical first lathe, motor on a hinge, vice grips on the handwheel, no morse tapers anywhere

then I rebuilt and sold several beaver 3400's, used one for a few years.  it had morse tapers in both ends, 8 speed reversible drive etc etc, served me well

now I use a craftmaster "boattail", a really heavily built 15 inch.  the first pic shows the large and small craftmaster, the second shows the larger craftmaster and a beaver 3400.  both are during restoration.  third pic is the beaver I used for several years

the larger craftmaster is rare machine, there's a 4 speed belt drive and mt#2 in both ends.  it now sits on the stand I built for the beaver and has a 4 speed jack shaft as well as the 4 speed headstock.  the motor has been replaced with a 1hp hoover with a reversing switch.  its recently had some other upgrades, so i'll have get some fresh pics

the last pic is before the last bunch of upgrades

001.JPG

007.JPG

DSC00403.JPG

001 (2).JPG

Edited by stevem