Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Got a little time to slip in some Patriot Picking recently.

I got this really nice Starrett Metal 100' Tape and 6" Starrett ruler in the box.

post-3498-0-33797500-1428354439.jpg

post-3498-0-74481100-1428354456.jpg

Then I picked up these nice assortment. A Stanley Bailey No.5, two pair of Kline lineman pliers, and a Stanley No. 51 spoke shave.

post-3498-0-01827600-1428354558.jpg

post-3498-0-87902400-1428354583.jpg

post-3498-0-39370200-1428354605.jpg

I just love finding these items. I have the No. 5 cleaned up and ready to use. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow and I have the No. 51 cleaned. The funny things is the blade was in both of the backwards and had been that way a while by the rust. Both are sharp, but I don't think they were preforming as expected to the folks that had them.

Back to woodworking and Patriot Picking.

Nice!!

I thought about getting an old spoke shave to help shape the Queen Anne legs I'm making. Went to the local flea market, that specializes in tools, and found a complete one but $100- not thanks!

Wow 100 from a flea marker you could buy new.

I found that one for 10.00 and probably paid more than I should have but I knew the guy and just wanted to help him out.

Need me to send you one to try out?

I found that one for 10.00 and probably paid more than I should have but I knew the guy and just wanted to help him out.

John,

I never looked at the price, all the others were between $5 and $10. Got to the counter and the guy says $100 and sure enough that's what the tag said! Not sure if the tag was wrong or what. Anyway, for the minimal cutting I had to do, the oscillating spindle sander and the vertical sander took care of the shaping. Thanks for the offer but I'm into the finish sanding phase of the legs, now.