Ios 8 And Pictures

Go to solution Solved by John Moody,

John, I took pictures this morning of the communion table and when I tried to upload them to a post from my Iphone I got an Internal System Error message.  After several attempts I just posted it on the desktop.  After consulting with tech support (i.e. John Moody) and he had the same problem, we determined that it must be an IOS 8 problem.  Both of us have had the same error message and we have both upgraded to the new operating system.  His Ipad had IOS 7 and there is no problem there.  Has Joomla mentioned this.

Apparently the IOS 8 upgrade to the iPhones and iPads has caused a lot of problems with the photos and Safari. There are a lot of people having problems posting pictures to Facebook, Craigslist and other forums using Safari.

The only fix I have been able to find is if you download the Chrome app for the iPhone or iPad and it is free, it will allow you to upload pictures straight to the forums here.

John there is an issue that right now I have not found a good work around for. There is no way on the iPhone or iPad without an app to rename the pictures. I haven't found one that works really well yet for doing that. So if I upload a picture straight from my phone to the site it will just say "image.jpg". I know we are wanting to put text to them, but it just doesn't work yet and I like the ability to upload straight from my phone when I am taking pictures. Since the pictures are large and not going into the gallery people should be able to see them and it won't mess them up. If I am going to put them into the gallery, I will have to move them to my computer and then rename them.

When I find an app that works really good and is not expensive I will post that information here.

John, I took pictures this morning of the communion table and when I tried to upload them to a post from my Iphone I got an Internal System Error message.  After several attempts I just posted it on the desktop.  After consulting with tech support (i.e. John Moody) and he had the same problem, we determined that it must be an IOS 8 problem.  Both of us have had the same error message and we have both upgraded to the new operating system.  His Ipad had IOS 7 and there is no problem there.  Has Joomla mentioned this.

Ron, I'll talk with our tech support and see if they are aware of this, and if there are any plans to accommodate these upgrades.

John, I completely understand,

The only thing we need to be careful of is loading images directly into a discussion that has the generic naming convention. In the gallery you have the opportunity to rename the images. So that is fine. But we need to keep our discussion forum clean and readable for all.

I am pursuing the issues you guys are having as we speak.