Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Strech your woodworking design and building skills

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Moody -
Chips N Dust -

Top Posters

Have you ever just really streched your woodworking skills and your design skill to take things to a new level.

Well this week I was ask to make a cow. Yep, and cow, but the fun is it will be used for vacation bible school.

So here you go, I got some help with the plywood so I didn't have to lift anything and cut out the body.

2010061317.22.21.jpg?width=721

Then the cow got some color.

2010061420.39.49.jpg?width=721

And finally the cow got it's spots.

2010061521.31.41.jpg?width=721

The cow will be used in VBS and will be able to be milked. That part will be finished tomorrow.
So boy, this has really streched the design and woodworking skills. LOL!!!
So what's the most unusual woodworking project you have built?

Wheeedogggy, or should I say, Mooooooooooo! Now that is a fun project John. This is what we need every now and then to just have fun, no stress in the build, and just have a fun time at it.

I am still working on the ol Hal Taylor Rocker that has really pushed my woodworking skills to a new level, everything from bent lams, to dishing out seats, to shaping wood by hand, to perfectly executing a maneuver. It has really pushed my patience a few times too.

Now do you care to elaborate on how your going to make that cow produce milk?39.gif

There is a space in the middle of the frame for a bucket to fit. We purchased these feeders that are used on bottles to fed new calves. I am cutting holes in the bottom of the bucket and glueing the feeders into the bottom.

They will then pour in powdered milk and water and let the kids milk the cow.

I'll post some pictures of the bucket design and the kids milking when VBS starts next week.

John

Larry thanks for the Pun Intended.

The whole post was for fun. It wasn't my design, they saw this in a project book for VBS and ask me if I could make it for them. I actually got the school art teacher who is a good friend of mine to draw out the head so it would be of the right proportion.

I can't wait to see those kids trying to milk this cow.LOL