clean it, adjust it

WOW! I just thought I might take a few minutes to clean/wax my table saw top.  Okay while I was standing there I realized the rails for the fence had dropped a bit. Adjusted it - 4 bolts and its DONE.

I have to say, I apparently had my head up my _ _ _ for the last 3 years.  I've been fighting the fence to get back ON the table - it's easy enough with a shop-fox fence and a Griz table saw.

Moral of the story - CLEAN IT, WAX IT, ADJUST IT and life is good again. 

I bought a Jet 14" band saw, one year old and hardly used from Craig's list. Got a really good price too, $200. The guy said he got it new to resaw boards. It simply would not do a good job. He bought special blades, blade lube and ceramic guides.

( I got all that too ) I took it home and got the set up instructions out and went step by step to adjust all setting as directed.

I found that not one of the settings was correct and nearly all were not locked in, most were loose. No wonder it never sawed good. It resaws perfectly for me and I am very happy with it.

I always try to check adjustments and alignments at the start of each new project on my table saw and band saw. Wood is too expensive to make mistakes caused by my neglect.

Nothing tickes me off more that going into the final stages of a project and having an inportant matching wood piece get messed up because I made a mistake or didn't have my saw/drill/planer/etc adjusted right. Being retired should mean you have plenty of time to do it right,..................... unless you forget

Archived