Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
John Moody

it's Friday, What are you working on this weekend

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Moody -
Wayne Ellington -

Top Posters

I am sitting at a craft show and forgot to put up my post today. I have cutting boards on the bench again. Got some yard work to do this weekend so not a lot of shop time.

What are you doing this weekend and don't forget the pictures!

John Moody
John Moody Woodworks
http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com

Out of the shop and into the corn field.  I'm going to be helping Nana shuck, cut and freeze 14 dozen ears of corn. 

Ron Dudelston
Above and Beyond WoodWorks

This week I was not able to get much of anything done in the shop except to pick up 2 more "fix-it" projects for folks in my home Bible Study Group. My bathroom vanity is still sitting there stained and ready for finish but I have not been able to get to it. Today the in-laws came in for the weekend so things are looking difficult for me to get into the shop. We are supposed to go out to breakfast tomorrow morning and then to a movie with the kids. But I found out we will be going to the 12:40 showing so I got a few hours in the morning after breakfast and before the movie but I have to make a trip to Rockler to pick something up first. So one way or another I am bound and determined to get a seal coat of shellac on the vanity tomorrow. I went through the garage and blew out all the dust I could off of everything and got 3 folding tables covered in plastic so all I have to do is give the pieces of the vanity a wipe down and spray them. At least that's the plan for now, but we will see what happens.

That is a bummer Lew. But we've all been there. Got a few of those almost finished projects in the scrap bin.

Wish you better luck as you give it another go.

Lewis Kauffman said:

Starting over on my pizza cutter. The handle split when threading the insert into the end.

This morning heading out to work on our new Church. This afternoon, re-cutting the back skirt for the Queen Anne table. Dry fit showed it has rack of a 1/16 of inch in the right rear corner.  I'll use the current rear skirt to make the false drawer front with. So no loss there other then some time. I'm hoping to get a few hours behind my scroll saw then this evening drawing out the plans for a kitchen island for a customer. Sunday were are having our Water Baptism so will be with the Church all day.

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

ning-img-0039-42679-31.jpg?width=400

John Moody said:

That is a bummer Lew. But we've all been there. Got a few of those almost finished projects in the scrap bin.

Lewis Kauffman said:

John Moody
John Moody Woodworks

Ok, just found out that my wife invited the whole family for a BBQ this afternoon at our place as well as a few of my son's friends. So that means after the movie (Seeing "Captain America" with the  kids in about an hour and half) we will have about 15-20 people here and I will be on grill duty. So no shop time for me today. Oh well, the sacrafices we make for our family.

Lewis, I have had the same thing happen, but was able to repair it with Poly glue. I opend the crack as much as I dared, dampened it with a water squirt spray bottle and applied Poly glue using a tiny paint brush and a razor. After clamping and wiping off the excess, I let it set.  The next day it was very strong and I continued with my work on it. A word of caution, if you put it back on the lathe, as I had to do, heat can cause the poly to soften. (At least it did for me.)

Lewis Kauffman said:

ning-img-0039-42677-50.jpg?width=400

John Moody said:

Lewis Kauffman said:

Starting over on my pizza cutter. The handle split when threading the insert into the end.

John Moody
John Moody Woodworks

Thanks Ron.

I did try to repair it but the split pulled fibers into the crack and I just would not "close" to make the crack invisible. Started over, lesson learned.

Ron Altier said:

Lewis, I have had the same thing happen, but was able to repair it with Poly glue. I opend the crack as much as I dared, dampened it with a water squirt spray bottle and applied Poly glue using a tiny paint brush and a razor. After clamping and wiping off the excess, I let it set.  The next day it was very strong and I continued with my work on it. A word of caution, if you put it back on the lathe, as I had to do, heat can cause the poly to soften. (At least it did for me.)

Lewis Kauffman said:

ning-img-0039-42676-45.jpg?width=400

John Moody said:

Lewis Kauffman said:

John Moody
John Moody Woodworks

Shop org, lumber racks and cart. A wall O' cabinets. Basically over past few years been adding tools, lumber and shop furniture to the point I have paralyzed my ability to effectively work, I.e. Spending so much time moving stuff around to work that run out of time or energy to work on the project... Lol. So it is a blessing adding items, but have worked myself into a corner. No more projects until shop org is done. That is my weekend and beyond. But any shop time is good shop time so no complaints.

Spend last night at a Craft Show. Labeled Massively Indoor Music/Street Festival. There were three different bands playing at different time and vendors.

Here is a shot of my setup.

ning-marrittconferencecenter2-42673-46.jning-marrittconferencecenter-42673-82.jpSold a few items so it wasn't a bad night.

I have another one this coming Friday night so that is Three in a two week period. Been busy.

John Moody
John Moody Woodworks

Finish painting the trim around the last storm door on the house.  that one honey don project down.  Got started on another honey do project.  This one not so bad.  Making a rain barrel.  Already got the platform built couple of weeks ago.  Got a 50 gallon plastic food grade barrel and painted it yesterday.  Today started making the wooden top for it.  Got it cut out.  Tomorrow will assemble the top together.  Next weekend will hook it up to the downspout and do my rain dance.

Wayne

Sign in to follow this