Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Davis

Repair an antique rolling pin

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Mike Davis -
Mike Davis -

Top Posters

One of my co-workers had this rolling pin that belonged to his grandmother and he is my age or more (Over 50),,,, So, the thing is OLD - OK?

Well, one of the handles was broke and his wife wants to display it in her kitchen. So, I took it home and got started on it.

First I carefully removed the broken bit and cleaned out the hole, measured it and made a new shaft to fit. Then drilled the new shaft and turned down the old peg to fit the new shaft. Checked the fit and length, trimmed to length and glued to all together.

It looks just like... well, uh just like old.

ning-rollingpen1-42620-21.jpg?width=750ning-rollingpen2-42620-45.jpg?width=750ning-rollingpen3-42620-26.jpg?width=750

Mike, it must be a woodworkers thing but to take something that would otherwise be kindling and repair it gives great joy.  I have two rockers in my living room that looked like jump when my wife found them but now they're keepsakes.  Nice job of restoration!

Ron Dudelston
Above and Beyond WoodWorks

Mike that is a great save for your friend.  Things like that can be a treasure to folks.

My only complaint is that in my humble opinion,   50 is NOT even close to old. Don't ask me why I say that.  I sometimes wish I were 50.

No I don't, my body couldn't handle that again. LOLTongue.gif

Oh Leo, 50 is not old. But being 50 and having watched his grandmother use this rolling pin to make biscuits when he was a child, knowing that she got the thing when she first got married makes this rolling pin very old.

Sign in to follow this