Cleaning brush for the lower wheel of your Bandsaw

Guest Larry Jenkins1409946522

Guest Larry Jenkins1409946522

Some years ago, I bought a 14" JET Cabinet Band Saw.  There was no brush on the lower wheel to clean off the sawdust.

I looked at the Delta 14" and found that it had a brush.  I bought a Delta Band saw brush.  Now to design a mount for it.  I did.  here it is.

Larry

ning-bandsawbrush-38376-72.jpg

Larry

great thread and your drawings are a very nice touch. Adding the brush very much prolongs the rubber tires and keeps the blades tracking well. If there was anything to add to your post it may be that in most cases I have seen the brush mounted on the other side of the lower wheel. This may give the saw/metal chips  time to flys off when they  slip  under the brush.  

How has your loction worked Larry it may be just fine?

brush loction on the wadkin DR

020-2.jpgjack

English machines

Doug

That is the tipical location of the brush on a band saw that I have seen ,but Larry does have the added points of haveing hole ready for atachment. In the past I have just gotting a wood handle stub brush at the hardward store and cut it to size.they cost about $3 and you get about enough for 4. 

that's what I put on the busgreen.

IMG_0325-1.jpg  jack

English machines

Mine's pretty much the same. Made a metal clamp to mount it using a preexisting hole. I'm lazy that way.

Richard McComas said:

Being a low tec kind of a guy I did this. It's at least 10 years old ,cost less that 2 dollars and less that an hour work.

Â

a>

Archived