Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Corona

SawStop Demo

Saw a demo last night of the SawStop system up at Woodworkers Source here in Tucson....hugely impressed!!!!  Though I've seen video, when you see it live it really hits home....did a fast crosscut and then tried the same crosscut with a raw hotdog on the piece of wood....man oh man...that blade stopped instantly!  You could barely see a nick in the dog...if it were a finger you might need a band-aid.....

Sounds like a 0.25 or  0.380 when that blade stops, but it stops in 5 milliseconds.....airbag takes about 20 milliseconds to inflate.........replacements cartridges around about $70.

Anyone looking at a new saw should consider one of these........

This is the saw that I want to replace my 13 year old Jet contractor saw. The only thing hindering me is the $$$. I got the fingerprint the different models of the Saw Stop saw a at the AWFS show in Las Vegas back in July. They are comparable in quality, fit and finish with all the top brands out there.

Allen Worsham
Corona, CA

allenworsham@earthlink.net

'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk.'
J. Vernon McGee

“Our greatest fear should not be that we won’t succeed,
but that we will succeed at something that doesn’t matter.â€
D.L. Moody

they are not cheap, but a trip to the ER and the possibility of having a shortened finger or thumb might well be worth it!!  As it was explained to us, the saw was designed from the inside out so the trunnion and all the internals are more heavy duty than many other saws.........I neither have the space nor deep enough wallet so will continue to use my many-years-old radial arm saw....

I would believe the insurance companies would really push these due to the increased level of safety and reduced liability....we said the same thing last night- that these saws would be a perfect fit for schools and clubs...anywhere you might have operators with different levels of experience.

I have an old friend that was a Jr. high shop teacher for many years and retired about 5-6 years ago. One of the pushes he made before he left was to get the district to replace their table saws with the Saw Stop and it was approved. Once he retired and got his first check he bought a Saw Stop for himself as he does cabinet work on the side for extra money. He says that it was the best thing he ever did going with the Saw Stop as opposed to the Delta Unisaw that he was originally planning to do.

Like I said, the only thing stopping me is that I do not have the $$ to replace my saw with anything at this time. If/when I do get the $$ I will be getting the Saw Stop.

Allen Worsham
Corona, CA

allenworsham@earthlink.net

'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk.'
J. Vernon McGee

“Our greatest fear should not be that we won’t succeed,
but that we will succeed at something that doesn’t matter.â€
D.L. Moody

Our School District, over the last couple years has replace all the table saws in shop classes with Saw Stop. When the Maintenance Dept ask to have our 4 tables saw replace with SS they said we couldn't afford it.

In the last 15 years we have had 2 losted fingers fingers in 2 different mishaps. Strangely it what the same person. 

Somewhere in Kenya.... a village is missing its idiot!

Alaskans for Gobble Warming

Sign in to follow this  

About us

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our veterans and active duty both here in the United States and in Canada, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. So please, join us! Please click on Join The Patriot Woodworker's.

We support MWTCA, preserving tools and implements from the past.

M-WTCA Logo.gif

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

Visit us on Facebook