Lumber Milling in the Phillipines

That was pretty amazing Rich, thanks for sharing, though it's a wonderful thing what he can do with that chainsaw, I'd still take a mill over that method!!!!!! That's too much work!!! Sheez, but it's completely amazing the dimensions he's getting with that machine, what an eye and feel for the machine!!!!! One thing for sure, he can travel light and get into the forests and cut it on the spot, building a home where the trees once where. Fast, and light.

• 5 years later...
59 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Ok I could do that on a two foot log, but no way for a 8 footer. And How about that saw, definitely a loggers saw.

The pins in my wrist are vibrating like a tuning fork watching this guy.  No way they take that kind of abuse.  Amazing skill this guy has and a heck of a good use of resources available.

Can't quite tell for sure but that's a 47" bar and chain on either an old Stihl 066 or 088 which depending on which it is would weigh in at between 70-85 lbs. My later model MS880 with the 47" bar chain combo goes 83 lbs. 

The MS880's like hanging onto an outboard boat motor without a boat attached. :blink:

It sounds like a dirt bike, and can be heard 1/4 mile away! :huh:

9 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Yep, that is one heavy chain saw.

My neighbor that cuts trees done as a side job has a big one he uses for the larger work.  He loves to tease me about when am I going to borrow it.

Yeah, the pins in my wrist and arm are humming like a bridge in rush hour just thinking about it.  :throbbinghead:

• 5 months later...