Welcome to the Dungeon Shop

We got fun and games

ning-imag0013-4691-42.jpg?width=750

We got everything you want

ning-imag0006-4691-82.jpg?width=750

If you want to play. Tool Chest is completed. And sitting in it's new home. A look at the rest of this little box

ning-imag0003-4691-27.jpg?width=750

Most furniture has a plywood back, not this thing. Thems raised panels, in Pine

ning-imag0007-4691-62.jpg?width=750

I can carry the "tote" over to the bench, with the toys, er, tools I need.

ning-imag0008-4691-62.jpg?width=750

That handle on the backsaw sticks up just enough, that the tote can only go so far. Five saws are in the til. Inside area is 25" long.

ning-imag0009-4691-89.jpg?width=750

A jointer, three jack planes, and three smoothers reside in the cramped Plane til. the rest of the planes?

ning-imag0011-4691-99.jpg?width=750

reside on the "Ready Rack". Another look?

ning-imag0012-4691-64.jpg?width=750

This little place is MY workshop. Even hired a new crew to clean it up. Igor was fired for using my broom as Transportation. I hired his three brothers....Larry-gor, Curly-gor, and Moe-gor. Seem to do a decent job.

Did anyone ever get into a project that seemed to take on a life of it's own? This one had no plans, still doesn't. My single Brain cell sketch-up did most of the work. Seemed to be: well I have "X" amount of lumber on hand, how can it get used up? Maybe add 'this" or, add 'that".

Street I live on is called Elm Street, looks like a Nightmare on Elm Street occurred. Could not get this out of my head, had to keep at the thing until IT said it was done.

Now, in need of another project idea. Hopefully it won't last over the three weeks this little chest took, I need me beauty rest......

Thanks for looking in...

Lots of Walnut cut-offs left over. Have a 1x6x28" checked one, and a bunch of small stuff. Might get them all smoothed up and see just what there is.

Have a lot of pine scraps left, too. Cleaned up one 1x6 piece last night, using the one #4 that didn't get much work with the tool chest build

ning-dscf0034-4692-85.jpg?width=721

This end will still need a bit more work. The Plane?

ning-dscf0033-4692-35.jpg?width=721

A Defiance, Made in USA #4. It has no "frog", just a couple ramps for the iron to sit on. Weighs in about half what the Wood River #4V3 does. Easier on tired arms? It will raise a nice shaving, once all the rough stuff is gone

ning-dscf0035-4692-42.jpg?width=721

Even on some walnut scraps

ning-dscf0036-4692-97.jpg?width=721

This shows a fancy, never painted, lever cap. Lateral lever? Nope, just a tap on either side of the blade, and plane away.

• 4 years later...
On 11/13/2018 at 12:39 AM, steven newman said:

My, how the shop has changed.....

Yep...lots more planes, saws @lew's mallet(s), squares, push drills, egg-beaters,  have found refuge not to mention the tote transport to bench long abandoned^_^

but, how many wood chips have been created during the creation of so many great projects during this time? That's the real story!