Sign in to follow this  
John Moody

Update your weekend projects.

Busy weekend for me. A very close friend and mentor of mine passed away and I attended his funeral on Saturday morning. Kind of starts a day off slow but thankful what you have and can do. He went down very fast but had lived a wonderful live all the way to his last day.

I did get some time in the shop to glue up five medium size cutting board and got them out of the clamps.

ning-img-3166-4497-66.jpgFunny, they just don't look very appealing when you first take them out of the clamps and they have glue still on them. We will get these and the four small ones I glued yesterday sanded tonight.

ning-img-3181-4497-18.jpg

Four small ones in the clamps but will be ready to get out tonight.

I also got all of my panels cut to size on the Cherry Blanket Chest and the rabbits cut for the bottom. It is ready to start some assemble tonight. Should start to look like a chest this week finally.

So how did you do on your projects? Any updates you can share with us.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-4497-4.jpg?http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Two planes resharpened up, two others just needed a cleaning.ning-imag0006-4504-10.jpg?width=721Kobalt #4 ($30) needed almost an hour of tune ups, to get this far.    Sorting tools to go into the Tool Chestning-imag0007-4504-44.jpg?width=721Just some older stuff.   Even that Stanley scratch awl is over 40 yrs old....

Have jurt two decent hammers for nail workning-imag0008-4504-18.jpg?width=721and one of them will handle any boo-boos I do. 

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

It's a good thing John has an abundance of clamps, eh?

As for me, got about a dozen military stars cut finished and a couple of maps.  Spent a number of hours cutting a free-standing eagle, my son, the clutz, came down to the shop, touched it, fell over onto the floor, had a formal funeral for said eagle.  (@%%##$%^%$E)   Won't get another one cut for the show this weekend.  Oh, well, it was fun cutting it out.

Now I can focus on cutting some easy stuff for the show.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

Update on a plane:   the Kobalt #4 is going back to Lowes.    CanNOT make it work.    I have a 50+yr old Dunlap that works better. 

iron needed a LOT of work to get flat, square, and almost sharp

Chipbreaker is a JOKE!    CanNOT get it to sit even close to flat on the blade.   

Plane a wee bit of Walnut, and found a bunch of walnut junk stuck under the chip breaker.....Deal Breaker! 

Kobalt is supposed to be Guaranteed for life...we"ll see..

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

I know Lew and this is just the start of the show season.

Lewis Kauffman said:

That's a bunch of cutting boards!

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Hey Fred, what is that saying about clamps, "you can never have too many!" Man is that right. Seems every time I think I am good, I need to clamp something else and need another set.

Fred Wilson said:

It's a good thing John has an abundance of clamps, eh?

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

John, I have a fair amount of clamps. But you are right, you can never have enough. And seems we all run short at the worst time. I'm working on getting my count up,

Fred, I feel your pain. The wife dropped a John 3:16 heart and it went into pieces. Thankfully I could repair most of it. Also was glad it was already stained, the glue won't show up as clear spots in the finish.

I got a few more Bible verse plaques cut out and ready for finish. Trying to get some Mother's Day stuff done and the Mrs. keeps adding to the list. I really need to get back into taking pitures of this stuff.

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our veterans and active duty both here in the United States and in Canada, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. So please, join us! Please click on Join The Patriot Woodworker's.

We support MWTCA, preserving tools and implements from the past.

M-WTCA Logo.gif

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

Visit us on Facebook