Sign in to follow this  
steven newman

Well, the chisel tray is done...

Took a bit today, to assemble the parts, and fit things into the tool chest.    Tray turned out a bit wider than needed.  Lumber was a bit thicker than needed to be.    had to cut a rebate along the tote tray's side, to allow the tray to sit down in the chest.    Next time, will use a thinner stock..( and there seems to always be a "next time")

Ok, a look or two of the completed tray, all nestled into it's new homening-imag0015-4059-31.jpg?width=750I suppose I had better hide than level, before Moody shows up. A view from the other directionning-imag0016-4059-78.jpg?width=750I think this chest is getting ....almost full?    nah, I think i can fit a few more things in there...

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

This keeps up, I may have to build a second tool chest.....

Thinking of adding a few rods.   The kind used on cantilevered tool boxes, wher you open the lid, and the tray would swing up and out.   Not sure IF it is do-able, will look into it..  

If you look closely, you might see a few tools you will reconize....Like a Stanley SW#103......

That is a pretty awesome tray Steve. Gives me a few ideas.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-4063-15.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

I suppose I could fasten all three together, into a single tote? Might need to make a few brackets under the chisel tray, though. 

There are two chisels that may not fit in the trays, thoughning-imag0015-4062-46.jpg?width=721Yep, that is a full sized note book.   The corner chisel is 7/8" , and the regular one is 1-3/8" wide.    Just a couple "small" chisels.    Think they might get lost in the tool chest??

Just don't let them get to know the Pencils. They will really be good hiders then.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-4060-53.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Sign in to follow this  

About us

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our veterans and active duty both here in the United States and in Canada, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. So please, join us! Please click on Join The Patriot Woodworker's.

We support MWTCA, preserving tools and implements from the past.

M-WTCA Logo.gif

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

Visit us on Facebook