Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steven newman

That $5 Mitresaw, the test drive

5 posts in this topic

Have a saw bench outside on the back patio, nice day outside, might as well set up that "New" Mitresaw for a test drive?ning-imag0147-824-83.jpg?width=750Didn't want to mess up the saw bench with screw holes, so a couple clamps to hold it in place.  Try square to check the settingsning-imag0148-824-19.jpg?width=750Looks good from my house.  had some Oak parts to trim to lengthning-imag0149-824-75.jpg?width=750Seemed to bind a bit in the cut?    Some Dummy forgot to wax the saw plate, Duh.   Had some 3in1 oil handy, since I oiled the moving parts.ning-imag0150-824-5.jpg?width=750Just a few drops, and let the saw spread it out.   Cut a lot better.    Almost a glass like surface, tooning-imag0151-824-37.jpg?width=750tried out a wider board.  Not sure how wide I can go on this saw.   I used a clamp to hold the wood in place, seemed to work better than me holding and sawing at the same time ( like walking and gum chewing?)   results of the wider boardning-imag0152-824-11.jpg?width=750Might not be too bad a saw, for $5...

Nice part about this set-up?     I can SIT DOWN and saw.    LOL

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

That is one nice restoration, Steve. 

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

steven newman likes this

That is one sweet tool.

Tuned up even the Craftsman miters are great. I wouldn't use it to invade Afghanistan in a land war, but I'd use it for cutting pretty much any stick of wood.

steven newman likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

About us

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our veterans and active duty both here in the United States and in Canada, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. So please, join us! Please click on Join The Patriot Woodworker's.

We support MWTCA, preserving tools and implements from the past.

M-WTCA Logo.gif

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

Visit us on Facebook