Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cliff

Well, you guys just got a new newbie

I'm going to have to think of myself as a turner in training, coz' I just bought a PM 3520B  Tricked out with   some  options.

Delivery in a few days.

Now I gotta think about tooling.  My current crop of lathe tools is abysmal.

I have two nice gouges, but the rest of my kit is all of a piece from a box of tools that I got free and were not worth much more than I paid.  No name junk sold to people who dunno what they are doing.

Welcome to the slippery slope of no return, Cliff.

We wanna see pix of the new toy when it arrives, too!

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Man, 20" swing! You'll be cranking out some beautiful bowls! I personally like the longer bed, too. More turning options.

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Congrats Cliff, we'll newbie together, I am aching to get back to my lathe after our home gets put back together, till then I have been keeping my eye out for the logs on the side of the roads during the course of my travels in my day job. Can't wait to see the pics of the new lathe.

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-393-7.jpg?width=90

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning. Like Lew we need to see pictures of the new addition and look forward to the new turnings you turn out.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-392-65.jpg?http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Welcome to probably what will be the most expensive hobby on the planet LOL.

Charles Nicholls
Site Host
nicholls61@att.net
Proud supporter of The Wounded Warrior Project, Homes For Our Troops and the NRA

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nichollswoodworks

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning.

Yah.  It's been a while in the making.  I got this itty bitty little Walker Turner lathe,  that I'll be selling, that I have used but never enjoyed.    I want to get into turning  with organic shapes and off beat things.

I figure this and  a set of Thompson tools and I'll be crankin' out work  better 'n Malcom Tibbits in less than an afternoon.

Maybe even before I get it plugged in.

That's what I like to hear...confidence! hockey sticks, you'll probably start out with the skew chisel  :>)

Cliff said:

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning.

Yah.  It's been a while in the making.  I got this itty bitty little Walker Turner lathe,  that I'll be selling, that I have used but never enjoyed.    I want to get into turning  with organic shapes and off beat things.

I figure this and  a set of Thompson tools and I'll be crankin' out work  better 'n Malcom Tibbits in less than an afternoon.

Maybe even before I get it plugged in.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our veterans and active duty both here in the United States and in Canada, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. So please, join us! Please click on Join The Patriot Woodworker's.

We support MWTCA, preserving tools and implements from the past.

M-WTCA Logo.gif

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

Visit us on Facebook