Well, You Guys Just Got A New Newbie

Cliff

I'm going to have to think of myself as a turner in training, coz' I just bought a PM 3520B Tricked out with some options.

Delivery in a few days.

Now I gotta think about tooling. My current crop of lathe tools is abysmal.

I have two nice gouges, but the rest of my kit is all of a piece from a box of tools that I got free and were not worth much more than I paid. No name junk sold to people who dunno what they are doing.

Congrats Cliff, we'll newbie together, I am aching to get back to my lathe after our home gets put back together, till then I have been keeping my eye out for the logs on the side of the roads during the course of my travels in my day job. Can't wait to see the pics of the new lathe.

Wow that is a nice way to jump into turning.

Yah. It's been a while in the making. I got this itty bitty little Walker Turner lathe, that I'll be selling, that I have used but never enjoyed. I want to get into turning with organic shapes and off beat things.

I figure this and a set of Thompson tools and I'll be crankin' out work better 'n Malcom Tibbits in less than an afternoon.

Maybe even before I get it plugged in.

• 3 years later...