Friday, April 20, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

no shop time planned this weekend, but i have 4 bookcases on the horizon for my office renovation.  but first.....there is always a "but first", but first, i have to paint 2 wall sections, move one more old bookcase (loaded presently, yay), buy and install some porcelain tiles, and then buy materials and build the bookcases in the area i just painted and tiled.  and then move a mess of books around.

so likely, the bookcases are several weeks out.

will make them 9" deep, that's plenty deep for the vast majority of my books.  the few that are deeper than that (some photo books) can go on the older metal and glass bookcases that will be moved and re-used later.  plan is for 4 bookcases, each 22" wide, 84" tall.  all of pre-finished maple plywood.  i see hundreds of shelf pin holes i have to drill later......boring.....

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well i cant do anything as seizures are still kickin my but. Saw nuero yesterday and have to run a bunch of tests. 7 days admit to be exact...ughhh. so im starting to reorganize my carage so i can get all my pegboard up and organize my tools

What kind of tests Jay?

It's  Friday????:o The only day I really worry about is Monday....

In-between a couple of Road Trips today....managed to make some sawdust...

5ada7ca231fef_mitrebox.jpg.a814d4d1880b5d923bf286909591a464.jpg

Squared a few ends.    made a bunch of shavings....

shavings.jpg.80a3e8665976167dd34010c1b9c0c32e.jpg

Jointing a few edges, planes to reduce a few boards that were too thick...Evne got a glue up done!

5ada7d5890b70_gluedup.jpg.e4915eb5027400f8666ddd4fad44dae0.jpg

Will let this sit a day or two....

Maybe I can build  a box over the weekend? 

Spent a little time cleaning in the garage today...Oldest grand-daughter (17 on Monday) has to be at the HS at 8 AM Sat. for an all day Tennis Invitational...she's 3-0 as is the team so far this week and both are 6-1 overall. I'll only get the 1st match in and maybe some of the second. Meeting my brother and nephew in the afternoon to change out the dishwasher then yard clean-up for my Step-dad.

Sunday, after church, service my wife's Jeep and supervise the grand-kids & daughter picking up sticks etc. around the property. They're sure gonna' be surprised when I tell them.:P