Hands Free Lighted Magnifying Glass

I need a magnifier with a light, preferably an LED light. I can find the cheaper models easily enough, does anyone have a link to the higher quality ones? As my eyes age, I need more and more help to see small things...like splinters in my finger. I do have a tweezer/magnifying glass from LV, but it's not possible to hold and manage it very well with one (while you're working on the other).

I use one similar to this that I found at a flea market and love it.  It uses a bulb for the light so I put an LED bulb in it.  Here is a link for one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Studio-Designs-Magnifying-Lamp-with-Bulb-Black-7-5-in-x-10-in-x-36-in/35692840

image.png.5e198577715fce3270e347a7d5556dba.png

Edited by HandyDan

Now if you really want to get down to the fine stuff get one of these. I use mine to pick out those tiny slivers that I can't see. And i can even snap a picture in HD of it.

The tweezers look like a back hoe bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Microscope-Magnification-Endoscope-Magnifier/dp/B01DHVOGMG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1524169771&sr=8-6&keywords=digital+microscope

Just saying,

Herb

2 hours ago, schnewj said:

I think I saw those at Harbor Freight. Just think, $20 with a 25% off coupon is $15 plus tax. Oh, don't forget the extended warranty for $9.95.

To be fair, lets not forget about the Free flashlite (choice of 3 types) or screwdriver set or 5x7 tarp or 25' tape or 7 function multi-meter or 4 pack micro-fiver clothes, or magnetic tray or magnetic tool holder, or power strip or batteries (choice of 3A, 2A, 9V C or D cells, or did I miss anything:lol:

3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

To be fair, lets not forget about the Free flashlite (choice of 3 types) or screwdriver set or 5x7 tarp or 25' tape or 7 function multi-meter or 4 pack micro-fiver clothes, or magnetic tray or magnetic tool holder, or power strip or batteries (choice of 3A, 2A, 9V C or D cells, or did I miss anything:lol:

I wish they would find some new bribes. I have a couple of those high quality 7 function multi-meters and neither one can tell the difference between AC and DC, although they almost buzz when checking continuity.

4 minutes ago, schnewj said:

I wish they would find some new bribes. I have a couple of those high quality 7 function multi-meters and neither one can tell the difference between AC and DC, although they almost buzz when checking continuity.

I've got a couple of those too, Bill, They sure are fun to use. And when I set them on Ohms and plug them into a hot circuit,they sure light up.

Herb